Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

China Airlines - any experiences?

China Airlines - any experiences?

Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:49 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default China Airlines - any experiences?

Has anybody out there used China Airlines for the Sydney - Tiapei - London route?

They seem very keenly priced, but are they any good?

S
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: China Airlines - any experiences?

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Has anybody out there used China Airlines for the Sydney - Tiapei - London route?

S
Oh dear - roast cat or dog sir??
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:39 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markbhx
Oh dear - roast cat or dog sir??

Hmmm. Is there no horse?

S
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Hmmm. Is there no horse?

S
I saw a documentary where they served someone donkey penis in shenzhen. It is expensive though, so you might get that if you upgrade to business class.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 12:45 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Seems cheap & cheerful: http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/airline/china-airlines/407288/

I've not come across them in Kayak searches before but am always open to saving money - what was the price difference over the usual suspects?
Old Sep 17th 2010, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

S
If it says Made in China on the side of the plane, I'd be worried. I hear they make good copies of boeings and airbus out of old tin cans
Old Sep 18th 2010, 1:15 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
Seems cheap & cheerful: http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/airline/china-airlines/407288/

I've not come across them in Kayak searches before but am always open to saving money - what was the price difference over the usual suspects?

Well, these are flights for Christmas, so expecting them to be pricey, but have been offered $2300 return, compared to $3k+ for just about everyone else.

They seem to have received reasonable reviews elsewhere. I think I'll take the gamble, plus the dog choice of meal...

S
Old Sep 18th 2010, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

I took them a couple of years ago and they were quite good and great value. One night in a fancy resort hotel was included in the deal and this was actually quite nice as it broke the trip. The hotel seemed to be in quite a remote location and it took around 45 minutes to get there along windy, narrow roads. Actually got to see quite a lot of the Taiwanese countryside.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 10:50 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Well, these are flights for Christmas, so expecting them to be pricey, but have been offered $2300 return, compared to $3k+ for just about everyone else.

They seem to have received reasonable reviews elsewhere. I think I'll take the gamble, plus the dog choice of meal...

S
Why not consider this? At today's exchange rates it would be close to $2300, but business class! I happened to check last night and was still able to find seats for MEL - LHR at Xmas.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

swans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud of

S
I did two round the world trips with them in the 80.s.They were brilliant,excellent food,service and presentation.Nothing was too much trouble for them.Choice of asian or western food,asian food was great.Sadly they went from govt ownership to private and fell away badly.

Routes were cut back and they had an appalling safety record.I don't know if they have improved but I think steer clear just in case.Taiwan and Taipei were very interesting then,well off the beaten track

Geordie downunder

Last edited by swans; Sep 19th 2010 at 5:58 am.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

shurilo is an unknown quantity at this point

S
I used China Airlines many times, mainly for flights in Asia (I've lived in Taipei for 2 years), and I think they are pretty good, especially for their price. The service is fine, even comparing to Cathay Pacific.

Regarding Taipei, it is really nice place to stay.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 6:52 am
Banned

lidazu is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: China Airlines - any experiences?

the service is poor!
Old Sep 20th 2010, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Stressed Eric is a jewel in the roughStressed Eric is a jewel in the roughStressed Eric is a jewel in the roughStressed Eric is a jewel in the rough

This might help you to decide

http://www.snopes.com/photos/airplane/airchina.asp

Though I don't know if China Airlines and Air China are one in the same.

Last edited by Stressed Eric; Sep 20th 2010 at 3:33 am.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 3:33 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stressed Eric
Except it's a different airline.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

Stressed Eric is a jewel in the roughStressed Eric is a jewel in the roughStressed Eric is a jewel in the roughStressed Eric is a jewel in the rough

You're right - but it's an interesting article don't you think?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.