Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

childrens medicals ages?

childrens medicals ages?

Old Oct 9th 2005, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light
Question childrens medicals ages?

Can anyone clear up at what age childrens need to have medicals and xrays. We have medicals booked for the 18 and 16 year old, but have not booked the 13 year old as i have been told under 16 years do not need a medical or xray. Have now read a post on here that all children need both. We are going on a 2 year temp visa. Please help
Old Oct 9th 2005, 3:11 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: childrens medicals ages?

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater
Can anyone clear up at what age childrens need to have medicals and xrays. We have medicals booked for the 18 and 16 year old, but have not booked the 13 year old as i have been told under 16 years do not need a medical or xray. Have now read a post on here that all children need both. We are going on a 2 year temp visa. Please help
My 13 and 11 year old needed a medical and x-ray...they did'nt need the HIV blood test though.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ransi
My 13 and 11 year old needed a medical and x-ray...they did'nt need the HIV blood test though.
Thanks for that, think we had better get her booked!
Old Oct 9th 2005, 3:29 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

This answers the question, Bill.

http://www.australia-migration.com/p...or_Medicals/11

If you are on a 457, I think these still apply. Our 7yo only had to give a urine sample.

Sue
Old Oct 9th 2005, 7:01 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

On a temp visa we didn't have to have medicals but we did have xrays as my son is under 2 he didn't have an xray but did have a medical.
Hope this hasn't confused you too much

Poshrice
Old Oct 10th 2005, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by poshrice
On a temp visa we didn't have to have medicals but we did have xrays as my son is under 2 he didn't have an xray but did have a medical.
Hope this hasn't confused you too much

Poshrice
As with most things related with going to Oz it has confused me!! Im taking no chances and getting all the children x-rayed and medicals! Thanks.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

As with most things related with going to Oz it has confused me!! Im taking no chances and getting all the children x-rayed and medicals! Thanks.
We are here on a 457 visa with 4 kids, over 12 they have the x-ray (plus HIV blood test for the permanent visa) but no medical (same as us) then under 12 no x-ray but medicals (no blood test either). The ages are on the forms that the doctors have to complete so they should be able to tell you when you go, if nbot when you book the appointments.
Good luck with it all we found it all pretty straightforward despite the fact that we were getting it all done in Belgium so there was the added language problem, it should be a breeze in the UK. The panel doctors know their stuff as they do loads.
Nicky
Old Oct 10th 2005, 8:00 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

It's really quite simple - under 5, nothing. Urine tests for all applicants over 5 years of age. An HIV test ONLY for migration applicants aged 15 years and over. Generally, applicants under 16 years of age will not be required to undergo a chest x-ray.

I think all health professionals agree that it is not a good idea to have a child subjected to an x-ray unless it is absolutely necessary. So unless you are requested to get your 13yo x-rayed, please consider not doing so.