Childrens jabs

Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Childrens jabs

Hi there,

I have to get my kids (3 and 18 months) caught up on there jabs. Does anyone have any views on the jabs in Oz. Did anyone choose not to catch up and does anyone have any views on the chicken pox vaccine?

Cheers

PoppetUK
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Childrens jabs

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Hi there,

I have to get my kids (3 and 18 months) caught up on there jabs. Does anyone have any views on the jabs in Oz. Did anyone choose not to catch up and does anyone have any views on the chicken pox vaccine?

Cheers

PoppetUK
Hi there, your 3 mth old will just need to catch up on the Hep B and Prevenar shots (immunisation again pneumonia). 18 mth old can have catch up shots for Hep B and the varicella (chickenpox). We had a 19mth old die last year from chickenpox symps. Completely up to you, you can discuss it with your GP/Nurse and sign a conscienous objection form, however if anythings going around your litten's won't be allowed to attend daycare. In Eumundi/Noosa region at the mo we've got whooping cough going around - nasty thing! Eumundi's got a shocking rate of children not immunised, they're the ones coming unstuck now!

You get the usual side effects with the childhood vaccinations; localised pain and inflammation at injection site, mild fever, being irritable for a few days. The chickenpox vax can give kids a mild rash after a few days - I've never seen it though in any of our patients.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

My 4 year old is upto date with all jabs but she has never had chicken pox jab, is she meant to School didn't say anything when I showed them immunisation record when enroling.

Leigh
Old Jun 7th 2007, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leigh&ivan
My 4 year old is upto date with all jabs but she has never had chicken pox jab, is she meant to School didn't say anything when I showed them immunisation record when enroling.

Leigh

No she's over the age of the immunisation schedule. I had the option with my boys of paying for the vaccination ($150 each). We decided to leave it as I'm sure the boys have had chickenpox in the UK!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by glittababe
No she's over the age of the immunisation schedule. I had the option with my boys of paying for the vaccination ($150 each). We decided to leave it as I'm sure the boys have had chickenpox in the UK!
Oh right thanks for that.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 9:52 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Hi there,

Cheers

PoppetUK
My youngest had her MMR booster, Diptheria, Tetanus and whooping cough booster and her Hep B jabs here in Australia. No problems at all. They do offer the chickenpox vaccine but she had it as a baby in Canada and I don't recall her having any reaction other than the normal crabbiness and soreness at the site of jab.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

I have 4 kids and have refused them the MMR, as my eldest is autistic.

Will this be a problem for immigration?

I did get the first 3 the single measles vaccine, but had to pay for it.

My baby is only 6 months and is too young for the vaccine.

G'day,

crocodileseamus
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:47 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crocodileseamus
I have 4 kids and have refused them the MMR, as my eldest is autistic.

Will this be a problem for immigration?

I did get the first 3 the single measles vaccine, but had to pay for it.

My baby is only 6 months and is too young for the vaccine.

G'day,

crocodileseamus
I dont know if they do single vaccines in Oz, its been discussed before - might be worth doing a search for the thread.