Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are children's football coaches needed in Perth?

Are children's football coaches needed in Perth?

Old Jul 9th 2014, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Mua Girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Are children's football coaches needed in Perth?

Hi all

Just an enquiry I have a pr visa and due to move over early 2016, this is my first post so please stick with me...my partner is a FA licensed football coach and currently coaches children in the uk, he runs after school clubs and evening couching classes... Is this something he could do in Perth and is it needed?

Thank you in advance, lots of advice needed.

Mua Girl
Old Jul 10th 2014, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Are children's football coaches needed in Perth?

Anyone? Just looking to see if this is an option of making an income in Perth?..
Old Jul 10th 2014, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

Probably catered for already by free coaching clinics run by the various clubs,
coaching is a voluntary position.
Some of the Soccer Academy's may have paid positions available ( very doubtful )
and
as far as I know , your not allowed to use public parks , ovals for commercial enterprise.
Old Jul 11th 2014, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget that if you are asking around, you need to say 'Soccer Coach' Football is AFL in W.A.
Old Jul 11th 2014, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your replies this helps lots and gives us a better understanding

Thanks again Mua Girl
Old Jul 11th 2014, 12:13 pm
Just had a book published

Brian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to behold

I'm sure it's an option, but I'm not sure he'd earn enough, unless topped up with another part-time wage.
Old Jul 11th 2014, 12:55 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brian Clough down under
I'm sure it's an option, but I'm not sure he'd earn enough, unless topped up with another part-time wage.
Agree with this - there are soccer clinics that charge kids so presumably the coaches get paid. It's not a huge industry in Perth though and as previously mentioned the majority of coaches are volunteers.

Just a thought - your partner might want to contact Perth Glory to ask about paid coaching opportunities. PG is Perth's one and only club in the national league so they'd probably have a good idea of which kids clubs offer paid coaching work. Best of luck!
Old Jul 11th 2014, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks everyone for the help and contacts, we will get in touch and see what happens
Old Jul 15th 2014, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Dave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond repute

This is Australia. If you put the effort in you can achieve anything. There is loads of opportunities in fitness training, coaching etc many of it self-employed or alternatively your partner could retrain as a PE teacher and coach soccer that way.

Come with the right attitude - be positive, be flexible - and you and your partner will be fine.
Just don't surround yourself with too many negative Brits!
Old Jul 16th 2014, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

fromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nice

I can't tell you much about Perth but with a name like Brian Clough, I'd listen to him!
We have our own P/T soccer business in Toowoomba where we have maximum numbers, so we believe that soccer is definitely growing. There are also businesses around Brisbane and the Gold Coast who run soccer coaching as well and I would imagine they will pay their coaches.
A mates mate of mine in Melbourne has a turn over of over $4m / year and he also pays his coaches.
My B licence in the UK means nothing over here so you will probably need to do the Australian coaching awards.
BoL
Old Jul 17th 2014, 2:59 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mua Girl
Hi all

Just an enquiry I have a pr visa and due to move over early 2016, this is my first post so please stick with me...my partner is a FA licensed football coach and currently coaches children in the uk, he runs after school clubs and evening couching classes... Is this something he could do in Perth and is it needed?

Thank you in advance, lots of advice needed.

Mua Girl
I've posted this to give you an idea about what's going on in Perth

My son just attended this - which I fortunately got for free - and loved it

Good luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
July Soccer Schools.pdf (1.50 MB, 170 views)