Children and Oz

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Cool Children and Oz

We are emigrating to QLD (Bundberg) in September. We have a ten yr old, who is starting to get a bit nervous; new school, friends, etc etc. Can anyone help with a website where he could communicate with other kids who have already migrated? Any info that would help him take all this is and settle in Oz would be a great help. Thanks. :scared:
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 10:25 am
Just Joined

DazL is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Children and Oz

Originally Posted by BettyBoop
We are emigrating to QLD (Bundberg) in September. We have a ten yr old, who is starting to get a bit nervous; new school, friends, etc etc. Can anyone help with a website where he could communicate with other kids who have already migrated? Any info that would help him take all this is and settle in Oz would be a great help. Thanks. :scared:

Hi we moved to Perth in April, we have 4 Children aged (B) 10 (G) 9 (G) 6 (B) 5, they have settled very very well, better than us! its very scary going into a new school, but at the end of the first day they all came bouncing out telling me they have this friend and that friend. Only once has my 10 year old wanted to go home and thats because they get homework here and he didnt in the UK!!! (tough!) I have found the education to be far better in OZ than UK.

He will be fine.

Kymm
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Children and Oz

Originally Posted by DazL
Hi we moved to Perth in April, we have 4 Children aged (B) 10 (G) 9 (G) 6 (B) 5, they have settled very very well, better than us! its very scary going into a new school, but at the end of the first day they all came bouncing out telling me they have this friend and that friend. Only once has my 10 year old wanted to go home and thats because they get homework here and he didnt in the UK!!! (tough!) I have found the education to be far better in OZ than UK.

He will be fine.

Kymm
Very true DazL, we moved to Bunbury, xmas, my kids r 7, 10 and 12 and you would think they had been here for years, they love it and so do we, dont worry kids will just settle very quickly if they are happy, and especially if you are. The school is great, and so are the kids. Have a great new life.