children & meds

Old Mar 15th 2004, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default children & meds

My sisters partner has 2 children from an ex partner, He has had no contact with the chilldren for 6 years . they are aged 10 & 11. Someone metioned they would have to have medicals. Is this true ? and what would happen if his ex partner refused to let them have them done ? would be greatfulfor any help on this subject.

Nicky
Old Mar 15th 2004, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Nicky,

I am pretty sure that they would have to have medicals and their existence needs to be detailed with DIMIA. There have been some other people with similar situations on this site and I think in some cases they had to take the ex's to court. It is a nightmare situation and would recommend you possibly talking to a registered Migration Agent. We have ex's and step kids in our application and our agent has been worth every penny so far.

Do a search on agents for recommendations - we are using George Lombard - http://www.austimmigration.com.au

Good luck
Old Mar 16th 2004, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default meds

Thankyou for the reply billabong ! Along with my sister & her family we are just sorting out the paperwork for the skills assesment at the moment, we have a migration agent , but he didnt mention anything about meds for my sisters partners children. I dont understand the point of them having to have medicals though , does anybody know why they need these done ?
Nicky
Old Mar 16th 2004, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

sarah d is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nicky
My husbands son from a previous relationship will have to have a medical when we eventually have to go for ours.
It is because my husband is his next-of-kin and if anything should ever happen to his mum,the dimia say that he would have to come to aus. to live with us.(even though we would be the last people his mum would want him to live with and has already agreed with her parents that he would live with them)
Hope this helps
sarah x
Old Mar 16th 2004, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: children & meds

Originally posted by nickyjohnt
My sisters partner has 2 children from an ex partner, He has had no contact with the chilldren for 6 years . they are aged 10 & 11. Someone metioned they would have to have medicals. Is this true ? and what would happen if his ex partner refused to let them have them done ? would be greatfulfor any help on this subject.

Nicky
Nicky,

We are in similar situation, Husbands two children had to be detailed on all forms for DIMA. His X won't give permission for them to have meds. She won't use a solicitor to communicate as this costs money. We have a letter from her stating that she understands that these are required as part of the process and that she is refusing. We also intend to get letter from our solicitor detailing her lack of compliance with anything we request. This may be enough for DIMA, others on this web site have encountered this and this has been enough, I believe that it depends on the case officer working on your file. The fact that you have an agent means that at least you will be given good advice. Remember to tell them everything.

I believe this requirement is because even if you don't see your children you have parental responsibility and therefore they may at a later stage want to join you. Unless of couse they are adopted etc. This will be how DIMA view it.

Hope this helps

Tracey.