Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Children flying to aus on their own...

Children flying to aus on their own...

Old Nov 2nd 2008, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

fellows3078 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Children flying to aus on their own...

Just wondering for anyone of you that have left young children behind in the Uk have any of you used the airlines unaccompanied minor service to get them out to see you and if so which airline did you use and how did it go? This would be for a 11 year old.

Thanks.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

maccy124 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Children flying to aus on their own...

When i was 14, so slightly older. I went alone to Aus on Singapore Airlines and they were absolutely fantastic. Lovely people and really looked after me (which at 14 i absolutely hated. lol) I was a seasoned traveler though, even at 14 i'd been to Aus 8 or 9 times so knew what to expect from the journey. Hope that helps.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Satch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to all

It isn't Australia but my step-daughter flies from London to Orlando on her own 4 times a year. She is now 10 and she has been doing this for 3 years. She has a wonderful time and is always treated like a queen.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Yup our eldest started at 9 as an international UM and domestic UMs much earlier. We tended to use Qantas because they had always been very reliable to us as a family and the boys had been before with us since they were babies. They werent in the least bit worried about flying on their own.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Our daughter flew with Singapore Airlines as an unaccompanied minor, and the service was fantastic. She was around 15 at the time, but being profoundly deaf we thought it was safer that she used the service. Did not fancy her missing the connection in Singapore lol.