Childminding.

Old Aug 12th 2006, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Childminding.

Can anyone give me any information on childminding in Queensland. I have a little one and i would like to stay at home with him like i did with my other 2. But from what i can make out in lots of threads that you need 2 incomes in OZ to live comfortable. As my OH is going to have to take a pay cut then i'm going to have to work.

So thinking about childminding so i can stay at home with my little one and bring in a income.

Any childminders out there that can help with info on how to become a child minder.

Stacey xx

Last edited by stacey and jordan; Aug 12th 2006 at 7:02 am.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Childminding.

Hi Stacey

All I know is that they tend to call it Family Daycare here.

For now do a search on google.com.au to see what you can find. I'm sure others in the know will reply soon.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Can anyone give me any information on childminding in Queensland. I have a little one and i would like to stay at home with him like i did with my other 2. But from what i can make out in lots of threads that you need 2 incomes in OZ to live comfortable. As my OH is going to have to take a pay cut then i'm going to have to work.

So thinking about childminding so i can stay at home with my little one and bring in a income.

Any childminders out there that can help with info on how to become a child minder.

Stacey xx
Old Aug 13th 2006, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Stacey xx

Hi

Here iin WA its called Family Day Care, which I believe is controlled by the local council. Why not start there call your local council offices and they should be able to start you off on what and where you need to do anything.

HTH

K
Old Aug 13th 2006, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Hi.. Kaz looked into doing this but it is rubbish money and not as popular as back home. Any thing you need to know just give Kaz a call. All the best Quill.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 1:01 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Stacey xx
Hi Stacey,

Hows it going hunny? I would advise you to PM 68Mevy (Marie) as she is training to do exactly this at the moment on the Gold Coast.

Claire
xxxx
Old Aug 13th 2006, 2:14 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

It's Family Day Care. They're giving ppl about a thousand dollars to help 'set up' their house and make it child friendly at the moment and encourage more ppl to do it (this is in the town i Qld where I live but i think it's state-wide if not all Oz). My mum's friend is just going through it & my old youth leader used to do it. They both doing it as a means of staying home but also supplementing the family income. I guess if the income isn't that great, at least you're saving costs as far as paying for childcare for your own children, plus related work expenses. Find out what's in your local area re: other childcare. If it's not so good - you're probably going to be onto a winner.

I'm a single mum to my wee girl and so far have survived using family to mind her but if I went back to work more full-time I'd choose family day care over a day care centre so there are people out there...plus if I knew there was a UK expat offering it I'd choose that one first! (provided you weren't a nutter!

Good luck...check out www.fdcqld.org on becoming a carer for more info!