Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Childhood favourite fancy dress

Childhood favourite fancy dress

Old May 17th 2005, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute
Question Childhood favourite fancy dress

I'm a bit stumped. Got a fancy dress party this weekend and the theme is 'come as your favourite childhood character'. I wanted to go as Penelope Pitstop but no Australians seem to have heard of her!!! Any suggestions (that wont be too much of a mission to find a costume for) are very welcome.
Old May 17th 2005, 1:21 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Childhood favourite fancy dress

You could always cheat and go as a Wiggle?! (Or a Dorothy Dinosaur if you're feeling really adventurous!!)

Originally Posted by Un-Co
I'm a bit stumped. Got a fancy dress party this weekend and the theme is 'come as your favourite childhood character'. I wanted to go as Penelope Pitstop but no Australians seem to have heard of her!!! Any suggestions (that wont be too much of a mission to find a costume for) are very welcome.
Old May 17th 2005, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Wonder woman?? get a red boob tube and a pair of blue pants with silver star stickers on them?....
Old May 17th 2005, 1:25 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm an Aussie and I have heard of her!!

I always preferred Mutley tho
Old May 17th 2005, 1:52 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
I'm an Aussie and I have heard of her!!
Me too!!! Dick Darstardly was such a ........ well you know . PP was my favourite, number 5 was my fav number for years & years because of her (OK OK, so its still my fav number, just dont admit to it being because of PP anymore )

Wacky Racers were most definitely a regular on Aussie TV when I was a kid (70s) . Im pretty sure that my kids watch it now on Foxtel sometimes as well.
Old May 17th 2005, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Me too!!! Dick Darstardly was such a ........ well you know . PP was my favourite, number 5 was my fav number for years & years because of her (OK OK, so its still my fav number, just dont admit to it being because of PP anymore )

Wacky Racers were most definitely a regular on Aussie TV when I was a kid (70s) . Im pretty sure that my kids watch it now on Foxtel sometimes as well.
OK - Maybe they were just cartoon uneducated. I'm 28 and my other half as all the others we were chatting about it with are about 2 years younger - maybe thats it! Might go ahead as planned but couldn't be bothered to spend all evening explaining who I was supposed to be!
Old May 17th 2005, 2:06 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

OK - Maybe they were just cartoon uneducated. I'm 28 and my other half as all the others we were chatting about it with are about 2 years younger - maybe thats it! Might go ahead as planned but couldn't be bothered to spend all evening explaining who I was supposed to be!
Ummm, if they are that age they probably werent even born when it was on TV, that's probably why they dont know it - just shows how old I am I guess :scared:
Old May 17th 2005, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Ummm, if they are that age they probably werent even born when it was on TV, that's probably why they dont know it - just shows how old I am I guess :scared:
I only just noticed the other day how they never show old cartoons here. I don't think I've seen Tom & Jerry or Donald Duck on TV once in all the time I've been here I use to watch Wacky Races all the time as a kid - I'm toying with the idea of being smurfette now. Don't know if I can be bothered to paint myself blue though (LOL there's a sentence I don't get to use often ).
Old May 17th 2005, 3:03 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

I only just noticed the other day how they never show old cartoons here. I don't think I've seen Tom & Jerry or Donald Duck on TV once in all the time I've been here I use to watch Wacky Races all the time as a kid - I'm toying with the idea of being smurfette now. Don't know if I can be bothered to paint myself blue though (LOL there's a sentence I don't get to use often ).

What colour do smurfs go when they are choking?