Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Childcare in Perth??

Childcare in Perth??

Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Location: Currently Cornwall, moving to Perth very, very soon.
KathT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Childcare in Perth??

Hi,
Just joined as my husband, from Perth originally, and I are moving over there in less than two weeks and have a lovely 2 year old who will need to have childcare provided, as we've been extremely lucky and snagged two teaching posts starting on 21st July - no summer hols just yet for us!!
Any advice would be welcome. Our house in in Bayswater in the East and our jobs are just south of the river.
Looking forward to it, but I need to make sure little AT is as happy as us.
KathT
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

mydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nice
Default Re: Childcare in Perth??

Hi kath i might be in the same situation next year and have been doing some research hope this site helps

www.careforkids.com.au
Darren
Old Jun 29th 2008, 5:03 am
Just Joined

Dan_and_Rach is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kath,

There are plenty of childcare places in Perth, and substantially cheaper than in the UK too.

My partner has just finished working at ABC Learning Centre in East Perth (right next to the cricket ground), which would be reasonably close to you in Bayswater.

If you need any contact details, by all means give me a shout.

Dan
Old Jun 29th 2008, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

Hi Kath, very sorry that I can't help with your thread but I would be very grateful if you can provide me with details on how you secured a job before moving out. I'm also a teacher (Head of PE faculty) and I have been told that it would be virtually impossible for me to obtain a teaching job before I arrive there - perhaps it's PE only.
Alan
Old Jun 29th 2008, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dan_and_Rach
Hi Kath,

There are plenty of childcare places in Perth, and substantially cheaper than in the UK too.

My partner has just finished working at ABC Learning Centre in East Perth (right next to the cricket ground), which would be reasonably close to you in Bayswater.

If you need any contact details, by all means give me a shout.

Dan
Hi and thanks for the tip. I've just emailed the Jacaranda nursery in response to Darren's tip with the website careforkids. I'd seen it before but a long time before we both got jobs and so didn't really take it seriously.
Paul, my hubby, knows where the ABC place it, so I'll get in touch with them on Monday.
Cheers,
Kath
Old Jun 29th 2008, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by daddyofthree
Hi Kath, very sorry that I can't help with your thread but I would be very grateful if you can provide me with details on how you secured a job before moving out. I'm also a teacher (Head of PE faculty) and I have been told that it would be virtually impossible for me to obtain a teaching job before I arrive there - perhaps it's PE only.
Alan
Hi,
We used the "det.wa.edu.au" website which is the department of education and training and is responsible for allocating the state school jobs. I actually got my job via the "aiswa" website (association of independent schools WA).
It helped us that we had a definite arrival date which fitted in with the WA school hols and start of term. We finish here on the 4th, fly on the 6th and both start work on 21st. We made ourselves available for telephone or skype interviews and were upfront in our applications about our whereabouts, etc. I, personally, have seen jobs for PE and health education on both websites, so just give it a go. Check out the term dates, etc. and look like you are willing to fit in with their school year.
Hope this helps.
Katharyn