British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Childcare costs please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/childcare-costs-please-471051/)

whiteknuckleman Aug 2nd 2007 8:32 pm

Childcare costs please

hi there,
can anyone give us an idea on childcare costs per day/hour for after school clubs and holiday school clubs in sydney areas (randwick/coogee this side of syd )or any other citys just to compare. thanks

hubbard Aug 2nd 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Childcare costs please

Childacre in costs in the Eastern suburbs of Sydney are between $80 - $90 per day, in the CBD they are about $105 per day. So for 48 weeks a year it is about $21k - $22K p.a.

whiteknuckleman Aug 2nd 2007 11:34 pm

hubbard is that an independent childcare price or a school run program ,other than when schools are on holiday i only need a after school club 3 til 5 run by the school not really an independent run childcare company. does anyone have an idea what schools charge for this and also do they do an all day club during the holidays. and will only selected schools do clubs or is it a service that most offer. thanks

busterboy Aug 2nd 2007 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by whiteknuckleman (Post 5140057)
hi there,
can anyone give us an idea on childcare costs per day/hour for after school clubs and holiday school clubs in sydney areas (randwick/coogee this side of syd )or any other citys just to compare. thanks

Hi, I am sorry we are not in Sydney but Melbourne.
We pay $270 a week, $1100 a month.

NickyC Aug 3rd 2007 12:22 am

Originally Posted by whiteknuckleman (Post 5140860)
hubbard is that an independent childcare price or a school run program ,other than when schools are on holiday i only need a after school club 3 til 5 run by the school not really an independent run childcare company. does anyone have an idea what schools charge for this and also do they do an all day club during the holidays. and will only selected schools do clubs or is it a service that most offer. thanks

No idea what they cost (haven't had to use after-school care for years) but all state primary schools in this area (eastern beaches) offer it. They wouldn't have many kids at the school if they didn't!

The only schools that may not do it are the smaller catholic schools - but they'd have some arrangement with either a school that did it or a local child-care centre.

Holiday care is also freely available. As well as schools running holiday care there are loads of other options. My kids used to go to a Sports Camp in the holidays run by the UNSW gym and they loved it. Heaps of games, swimming every day, full use of all the equipment etc.

hubbard Aug 3rd 2007 5:00 am

hubbard is that an independent childcare price or a school run program ,

It's independent childcare costs for pre school age children.

Amanda Jayne Aug 3rd 2007 9:37 am

hi there,

Can anyone tell me about childcare costs in and around Perth please. Thanks. Amanda.

whiteknuckleman Aug 3rd 2007 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by NickyC (Post 5140968)
No idea what they cost (haven't had to use after-school care for years) but all state primary schools in this area (eastern beaches) offer it. They wouldn't have many kids at the school if they didn't!

The only schools that may not do it are the smaller catholic schools - but they'd have some arrangement with either a school that did it or a local child-care centre.

Holiday care is also freely available. As well as schools running holiday care there are loads of other options. My kids used to go to a Sports Camp in the holidays run by the UNSW gym and they loved it. Heaps of games, swimming every day, full use of all the equipment etc.

thanks for that info nicky does anyone out there know of these costs that nicky talks about in the above.

parkhigh Aug 3rd 2007 5:41 pm

hi there,

Hi
I dont know about this area but in Mornington Peninsuala ABC charge $58 dollars per day childcare and after school clubs are $22 per child per day even if only 1/2 hour ie till 4pm. I dont have after school club at our school. The council can arrange for them to be taxied to the nearest asc at a cost to me.
Hope this helps
irene

Geelong Gent Aug 3rd 2007 9:20 pm

You get some of that back on a govt rebate if the school is a registered child care organisation.

You will be paying between $800 and $1500 fulltime whether sydney or Melbourne. The centres take into account the rebate - find more info on it through Centrelink.

teza Aug 3rd 2007 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Amanda Jayne (Post 5142434)
Can anyone tell me about childcare costs in and around Perth please. Thanks. Amanda.

Just got a quote for my kids, ABC charges $55 day for a 3 to 5 yr old child before the child care benefit (your % of that will depend on your income), in our case (78% or something for 3 kids) means just over $20 day for our 3yr old.

Older ones will go to YMCA, $9 in the mornings, $17 in the afternoons, before the % taken out.

Hope this helps.
Teza

Amanda Jayne Aug 4th 2007 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by teza (Post 5146071)
Just got a quote for my kids, ABC charges $55 day for a 3 to 5 yr old child before the child care benefit (your % of that will depend on your income), in our case (78% or something for 3 kids) means just over $20 day for our 3yr old.

Older ones will go to YMCA, $9 in the mornings, $17 in the afternoons, before the % taken out.

Hope this helps.
Teza

Thank you Teza.