Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Childcare co-ordinator

Childcare co-ordinator

Old Jan 2nd 2005, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future
Red face Childcare co-ordinator

Hi I'm new on here and would like a bit of advice.

We are trying to emigrate but am having problems finding if I quaify for a couple of jobs. Could anyone tell me what a childcare co-ordinator does as we don't have them in th UK. The other option is a pre-primary school teacher or kindergarten teacher but not sure what qualifications you need for this either.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 9:05 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Childcare co-ordinator

Originally Posted by woody1cruiser
Hi I'm new on here and would like a bit of advice.

We are trying to emigrate but am having problems finding if I quaify for a couple of jobs. Could anyone tell me what a childcare co-ordinator does as we don't have them in th UK. The other option is a pre-primary school teacher or kindergarten teacher but not sure what qualifications you need for this either.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
What kind of qualifications have you got? (eg you can't get skill assessed as a teacher unless you're actuall qualified as one).

Jeremy
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JAJ
What kind of qualifications have you got? (eg you can't get skill assessed as a teacher unless you're actuall qualified as one).

Jeremy
Thanks for replying.

I am nearly at the end of studying for a degree and get government funding for teaching 3-5 year olds. Thing is you do not have to have a PGCE here to teach this age range but have been told I might have to have one to qualify in OZ.

Other than that, I have managed to get a job description for a childcare co-ordinator and do cover all aspects in my job at the moment but was interested in a bit of inside information from somebody that may be doing it over there so I could ompare notes.
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 9:14 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woody1cruiser
Thanks for replying.

I am nearly at the end of studying for a degree and get government funding for teaching 3-5 year olds. Thing is you do not have to have a PGCE here to teach this age range but have been told I might have to have one to qualify in OZ.

Other than that, I have managed to get a job description for a childcare co-ordinator and do cover all aspects in my job at the moment but was interested in a bit of inside information from somebody that may be doing it over there so I could ompare notes.
Ask on the immigration forum. It sounds like your case is complex, so be prepared to hire a professional to help you.

Jeremy
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAJ
Ask on the immigration forum. It sounds like your case is complex, so be prepared to hire a professional to help you.

Jeremy
Thanks. I have managed to find it and have posted there.