Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Child visa approval

Child visa approval

Old Mar 15th 2005, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

jaycat is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Child visa approval

Just thought i would share our good news.
We sent our daughters child visa appplication on Friday 11th March by registered mail to london office and it was received on Monday 14th March.
Today 15th March we received an email to say that the visa has been granted and to send in her passport.
We are in total shock here, cannot believe that it has happened so fast.(One day)
Hubby has just rushed off to the post office to post the passport.
Yippppppeeeeee
Karen

Last edited by jaycat; Mar 15th 2005 at 4:37 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

jskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Child visa approval

Originally Posted by jaycat
We sent our daughters child visa appplication on Friday 11th March by registered mail to london office and it was received on Monday 14th March.
Today 15th March we received an email to say that the visa has been granted and to send in her passport.
We are in total shock here, cannot believe that it has happened so fast.(One day)
Yippppppeeeeee
Karen
WOW! That's just plain awsome!

We have a problem relating to our child migration application! Sent it off late january and just called the embassy in Berlin the other day. They had not registered it in their system yet. Strange; since it was sent with registered post!

.. and we are to emmigrate late may! Oh holy .. so now we will have to do it all over and hope for the best! They stated 2 months from the Berlin embassy .. oh well ..

.. and my new boss is eager to get things going. Argh!

Typical! Anyways: good luck with your move!

/Jørgen
Old Mar 15th 2005, 8:13 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Yippppppeeeeee
Karen

Hiya,

we will need to appy for our baby daughter, I looked into it and would have to apply as if she was adopted but realy our natura l child

What forms did you use to apply?

Bye
Mark
Old Mar 15th 2005, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by markeh
Hiya,

we will need to appy for our baby daughter, I looked into it and would have to apply as if she was adopted but realy our natura l child

What forms did you use to apply?

Bye
Mark

Hi Mark,
Have sent you an email to let you know the forms we used.

Karen & Dean
Old Mar 15th 2005, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

lianne is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on getting your child visa for your daughter. We are almost ready to send off our child visa forms for our daughter but am really confused about the statuary declaration part where i have to give permission for my husband to take her to Australia ,when we are her natural parents and intend on all going over together. Any tips or advice would be really appreciated. Thanks lianne.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 8:40 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi Mark,
Have sent you an email to let you know the forms we used.

Karen & Dean

Hiya jaycat,

thanks for the email I will print them off at work, what forms did you have to use for the medical? was it the std one for adults from Ozhigh commission?

thanks again
Mark
Old Mar 15th 2005, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hiya jaycat,

thanks for the email I will print them off at work, what forms did you have to use for the medical? was it the std one for adults from Ozhigh commission?

thanks again
Mark
Hi Mark,
Hubby just told me that we were sent and used medical form 26.
If you dont already have this form, you can request one by emailing
[email protected]
include applicants name, address, visa type and age of applicant.
Hope this helps
Karen& Dean
Old Mar 15th 2005, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lianne
Congratulations on getting your child visa for your daughter. We are almost ready to send off our child visa forms for our daughter but am really confused about the statuary declaration part where i have to give permission for my husband to take her to Australia ,when we are her natural parents and intend on all going over together. Any tips or advice would be really appreciated. Thanks lianne.
Hi Lianne,
Have sent you an email.
Karen & Dean
Old Mar 15th 2005, 11:20 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

What *exactly* do you mean by this? Have you looked at the information on Child Migration on the DIMIA website?

Jeremy
Old Mar 15th 2005, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi Lianne

my husband is an Oz citizen and when I applied for a spouse visa, OUR 16 year old son had to be included in the visa too - my husband also sent a stat declaration to say he gave permission for our son to go with me!

They just like to have everything covered for all possible events in the future.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 11:41 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gdcollectables
Hi Lianne

my husband is an Oz citizen and when I applied for a spouse visa, OUR 16 year old son had to be included in the visa too - my husband also sent a stat declaration to say he gave permission for our son to go with me!

They just like to have everything covered for all possible events in the future.
You say "OUR" son - why did you not get him registered as an Australian citizen by descent?

Is there some reason why he doesn't qualify for this (eg if your husband is Australian by descent and hasn't lived in Australia)?

As for asking for a statutory declaration from the *sponsor* for the visa who's obviously the father of the child, it's just someone going over-the-top in being fussy.

Jeremy

Last edited by JAJ; Mar 16th 2005 at 11:43 am.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi JAJ

they ask for the Stat Dec on the Spouse Visa Form, for any children that are included, even though the childs other parent is going/is Australian!

He can't apply for Citizenship by descent until he is over 18, as he was born in the UK and after 1984.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 12:11 pm
JAJ
Retired

Hi JAJ

they ask for the Stat Dec on the Spouse Visa Form, for any children that are included, even though the childs other parent is going/is Australian!
Custody must normally be proved only if the other parent is not migrating. Where exactly does it say that an Australian citizen parent who is sponsoring must provide a statutory declaration? (maybe I've missed something ... )

He can't apply for Citizenship by descent until he is over 18, as he was born in the UK and after 1984.
You are totally confused about the rules for citizenship by descent.

Firstly the age limit is 25, not 18 (it has been since 1 July 2002).

And it's a maximum age limit, not a minimum one.

And the 1984 date you quote has no relevance, there is a concession for over 25s born between 26.01.49 and 15.01.74

Read form 118 to see the rules as they are:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/118.pdf

Jeremy
Old Mar 16th 2005, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Quote:
Hi JAJ

Custody must normally be proved only if the other parent is not migrating. Where exactly does it say that an Australian citizen parent who is sponsoring must provide a statutory declaration? (maybe I've missed something ... )

Hi again JAJ

I applied for a spouse visa last year from the UK and I definitely DID have to include a Stat Dec from my husband allowing our son to be included on my visa.

I haven 't got a copy of the forms which I filled in now to tell you the page number, as I had to condense my paperwork before moving here. (If you want to spend the time searching, I'm sure you'll find it on the DIMIA forms).

Secondly:

Is there some reason why he doesn't qualify for this (eg if your husband is Australian by descent and hasn't lived in Australia)?

You've hit the nail on its head there!!
Old Mar 16th 2005, 7:53 pm
Happy Daddy

Hiy JAJ,

the problem is that we had Sophie after getting our migration visa.
As such she has no visa to live in Oz.
Reading through the child migration booket, even though she is our natural daughter you have to go through the same procedure/paperwork as if she was adopted. I will have to get a stat dec. from my wife over sophie, even though she is migrating with me.

There isn't paperwork for having a child after getting a visa.
It's just nice to have it confirmed and hear from others who have been through it.

Bye
Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.