Child Tax fund

Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future
Default Child Tax fund

We have received the Child Tax fund, for our son. What hapens to this money if/when we emigrate. Apparently he will receive another amount when he is 7, but if we are not here what happens then. Should i just change the address to my mums house when the timne comes, then when he's 18 he can fly back over to get it out.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 10:18 am
joveazey

Default Re: Child Tax fund

Hi,

I was also worried about this. Just phoned them up and they said that you can still set it up but the child will not get the payment at 7 years old if you don't live here. They said the best thing to do is to phone the company you are going to invest with and tell them the circumstances so that when you get to Oz you can give them a new address.

Jo

Old Mar 1st 2005, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by CreditCardKing
The most important thing you should do before emigrating is do not inform the inland revenue that you are leaving the country. The British Govornment does not keep track of people leaving the country like Australia does. So you should try claim child benefit in the UK until your child reaches 18. You have paid tax all those years. Thats my opinion anyway

Interesting concept, but only if you dont plan ever to come back to the UK. This is fraud, and if caught will carry a prison sentance. Not sure how they will ever find out, but dont want to be looking over my shoulder when i come back to the UK for holidays.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 11:25 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CreditCardKing
The most important thing you should do before emigrating is do not inform the inland revenue that you are leaving the country. The British Govornment does not keep track of people leaving the country like Australia does. So you should try claim child benefit in the UK until your child reaches 18. You have paid tax all those years. Thats my opinion anyway
It's fraud mate plain & simple, ie a crime. If you go down this route, don't ever complain about dole bludgers, asylum seekers milking the system etc, wherever you live, because you will be just like them.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

CreditCardKing will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It's fraud mate plain & simple, ie a crime. If you go down this route, don't ever complain about dole bludgers, asylum seekers milking the system etc, wherever you live, because you will be just like them.

Now you mention it, your probably right.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future

How can it be fraud, if you have a child who has the right to have it, and the person before said they called them up and they said it was ok. Obviously you dont get the next instalment if the child doesnt live in the country at the time.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 12:17 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midge04
How can it be fraud, if you have a child who has the right to have it, and the person before said they called them up and they said it was ok. Obviously you dont get the next instalment if the child doesnt live in the country at the time.
I was replying to CreditCardKing who was talking about claiming child benefit in the Uk whilst not living there, which is fraud.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 12:18 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya Midge,
It was a fare question, you are entitled to the money.I bet you still end up getting it.
The Gov will know you have left the country when you stop the child benefit so leave it to them.

Regards
Mark
Old Mar 1st 2005, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Someone called Credit card King, posted a response to this thread before mine, quoting, " dont tell the Uk Government your leaving, and still keep claiming child benefit" . This is what we are all saying is Fraud. This person has now removed his response from the Thread, so you dont know what was said.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 3:36 pm
joveazey

Hi,

Just phoned Liverpool & Victoria about the fund, following my call to the Inland Revenue earlier. Got put through to 3 different people, all of them had no idea what would happen if my son is not in the UK when he is 18. Don't know about you, but I'm not risking putting any money in with that sort of uncertainty. I thought we could maybe set it up in my mum's name and his birthday and christmas money could go into it, but I think it's too risky.

Jo

Old Mar 1st 2005, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

We have received the Child Tax fund, for our son. What hapens to this money if/when we emigrate. Apparently he will receive another amount when he is 7, but if we are not here what happens then. Should i just change the address to my mums house when the timne comes, then when he's 18 he can fly back over to get it out.
This link takes you to the government website - actually really helpful for a change, and in plain English.
http://www.childtrustfund.gov.uk/Inf...558&chk=1qaUim
Old Mar 1st 2005, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joveazey
Hi,

Just phoned Liverpool & Victoria about the fund, following my call to the Inland Revenue earlier. Got put through to 3 different people, all of them had no idea what would happen if my son is not in the UK when he is 18. Don't know about you, but I'm not risking putting any money in with that sort of uncertainty. I thought we could maybe set it up in my mum's name and his birthday and christmas money could go into it, but I think it's too risky.

Jo
You can only set it up in the childs name, you have to take/give the voucher to the company where you want this money to go.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Someone called Credit card King, posted a response to this thread before mine, quoting, " dont tell the Uk Government your leaving, and still keep claiming child benefit" . This is what we are all saying is Fraud. This person has now removed his response from the Thread, so you dont know what was said.
Oh ok, i didnt want to be seen as a criminal
Old Mar 1st 2005, 10:03 pm
Proudly Deplorable

You can only set it up in the childs name, you have to take/give the voucher to the company where you want this money to go.
Family & friends can add up to £1200 (I think) per year if they want.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Family & friends can add up to £1200 (I think) per year if they want.
Don't forget to tell the Australian Tax Office. They will probably want their tax on it.