Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Child support agency and Oz

Child support agency and Oz

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child support agency and Oz

Originally Posted by tasmas
We pay every month on an agreement rather than the CSA, which we have done for 12 years now,
We have paid over £30,000.
I agree with your point. In our case I think we've paid enough.
That only works out to £48.07 a week!
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by formula
Yes that would be around the norm for someone on £20k a year (ish). It's a contribution toward up keep of the children, as children's upkeep is supposed to be slit between the parents, £100 a week for one child is more than I spend on both of mine. My friend pays slightly more, his ex is a senior Nurse married to a GP. They have told him that is their drinking money and when he was allowed his daugther to visit him he had to buy her clothes to wear whilst with him. but she now in Aus and he still pays though won't see her unless he manages to save up and go out there to see her. Such a shame would hate to be in his position.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Icegirl has a brilliant futureIcegirl has a brilliant futureIcegirl has a brilliant futureIcegirl has a brilliant futureIcegirl has a brilliant futureIcegirl has a brilliant futureIcegirl has a brilliant future

I was reading this yesterday with interest.
I lived in Oz on a WHV and tourist visas for close to two years.
When I came back to the UK I was pregnant and Australian fiance came here. We split up after baby was born and eventually he went back.
She's 7 now and he doesn't keep in touch at all, never mind pay maintenance.
Does anyone know if there's any way of getting maintenance?
Could the Australian CSA help me?
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

And i would gladly pay £100 a week if she got off her arse and worked and paid £100 towards it aswell instead of taking it off the tax payers. Oh, surprise surprise thats me and OH aswell!
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 2:20 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=

Hmmm a thorny problem for me too.
Been paying £250-00 pm for the last 13 yrs ! ( ex deliberatley keeping daughter at college now until the end of "full time education" )

Certainly funded her new lifestyle, constant house development / regular new cars -ff *

Anyway, last payment this month before final return to OZ then i'm deleting the direct debit ( heheh)

Won't have a job in OZ to start with and in rented accomodation -so tough titty ,find me if you can bitch!

Ahemm...

Dave
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

trixiebell is just really nicetrixiebell is just really nicetrixiebell is just really nicetrixiebell is just really nicetrixiebell is just really nicetrixiebell is just really nicetrixiebell is just really nicetrixiebell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Icegirl
Does anyone know if there's any way of getting maintenance?
Could the Australian CSA help me?
If you have a maintenance order or not
read the "How to apply" bit.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

trixiebell is just really nicetrixiebell is just really nicetrixiebell is just really nicetrixiebell is just really nicetrixiebell is just really nicetrixiebell is just really nicetrixiebell is just really nicetrixiebell is just really nice

Here's a question to those that pay maintenance. Why is it they calculate what is to be paid in maintenance on the Gross salary, than what you walk out with after tax? :curse:
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=mindblower;6601993][QUOTE=

Been paying £250-00 pm for the last 13 yrs ! ( ex deliberatley keeping daughter at college now until the end of "full time education" )

Certainly funded her new lifestyle, constant house development / regular new cars -ff *

Anyway, last payment this month before final return to OZ then i'm deleting the direct debit ( heheh)

Won't have a job in OZ to start with and in rented accomodation -so tough titty ,find me if you can bitch!

Ahemm...

Dave[/QUOTE]

Damn right. You crack on mate.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Icegirl has a brilliant futureIcegirl has a brilliant futureIcegirl has a brilliant futureIcegirl has a brilliant futureIcegirl has a brilliant futureIcegirl has a brilliant futureIcegirl has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by trixiebell
If you have a maintenance order or not
read the "How to apply" bit.
Thank you, that's really helpful.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

And i would gladly pay £100 a week if she got off her arse and worked and paid £100 towards it aswell instead of taking it off the tax payers. Oh, surprise surprise thats me and OH aswell!
Not sure why you think that "we've paid enough" as it costs a lot more than £48pw to house, feed, educate and generally look after a child.

Lots of uk tax payers have been keeping your OHs child.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Not sure why you think that "we've paid enough" as it costs a lot more than £48pw to house, feed, educate and generally look after a child.

Lots of uk tax payers have been keeping your OHs child.
Well, seeing as though he goes to college (which he gets a wage for) teachers etc - paid by the taxpayer, and she claims benefits - paid by the taxpayer, the house she lives in (with her new partner) - we paid for and gave it her.
Can you tell me what you spend £48.00 a week on. Cause none of that money we give her goes to him. If he wants anything he has to do chores for it. She even wants paying when he stays with us, so what does she need that money for when we are housing, feeding etc him?
You can't include educate in that £48.
And yes I do believe we've "paid enough". He's 16. He can get a part time job. I never said we wouldn't give him money. We've paid enough to HER. Paying her catalogue/phone bill for the past 12 years (which she has admitted that is where the money goes) has made me slightly bitter.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mindblower

Perhaps the mother wants her child to have a good education?

Originally Posted by mindblower

Ahemm...

Dave
Nice.
The UK's gain is Australia's loss by the sounds of it.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Perhaps the mother wants her child to have a good education?

Nice.
The UK's gain is Australia's loss by the sounds of it.
Your arse must be really hurting sat up on that high horse of yours.

Last edited by tasmas; Jul 24th 2008 at 11:43 am. Reason: Missed off the 'r'
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Paying her catalogue/phone bill for the past 12 years (which she has admitted that is where the money goes) has made me slightly bitter.
Second wives are always, I should imagine, going to have a problem with first wives, especially if they are linked with children.

My mate divorced his wife, not his child. He pays all the bills on the house and his child's school fees. He admits he hasn't been the best of dads as he hardly sees his child, but he has always paid for her.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

You arse must be really hurting sat up on that high horse of yours.
I'm the arse?

The "arse" is the person who doesn't pay for their own child.

Last edited by formula; Jul 24th 2008 at 11:24 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.