Child Photos

Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Gethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura about
Default Child Photos

Hey Guys,

Just a quick question about the photos needed for a child visa, how stringent are they with the photos? We have just sent for our daughter’s passport pictures and one of the girls was facing the camera but her eyes were closed. This has been approved for her uk passport I was going to use the same picture to accompany her visa application.

Reading the guidelines on form 47ch it says children must be facing the camera but does not say whether their eyes have to be open or not.

Any advice on what you submitted as part of your application would be great.

Cheers
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:59 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Child Photos

Originally Posted by Gethy
Hey Guys,

Just a quick question about the photos needed for a child visa, how stringent are they with the photos? We have just sent for our daughter’s passport pictures and one of the girls was facing the camera but her eyes were closed. This has been approved for her uk passport I was going to use the same picture to accompany her visa application.

Reading the guidelines on form 47ch it says children must be facing the camera but does not say whether their eyes have to be open or not.

Any advice on what you submitted as part of your application would be great.

Cheers
really surprised it was allowed for her passport!! i would get new ones just in case.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

yeah so am i, when i did my daughters passport they refused her photo's because her fringe was too long!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Hi,

Not sure how you got through passports with closed eyes either, I would also have more pictures taken for the sake of £4, rather than have to send further photos later and more delays.

Lou xxx
Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:47 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Just had sons passport renewed on our trip back to uk, in peterborough passport office.

They stipulated, photo must be hand taken, ie no vending machine photos allowed, eyes open, and facing the camera.

Most good post offices in uk, offer this service now, if not a good photographic shop does them too.

Get some more done to be on the safe side.

Ste
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hairart
yeah so am i, when i did my daughters passport they refused her photo's because her fringe was too long!
Snap! Got the photo place to take them again and told them I wasn't going to be paying for them again
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Really surprised they let that one through, our son's renewal application was sent back twice because they said there was a slight shadow behind him, and the seond time because his eyes were too big

If in doubt, get some more done, really does not cost too much.

Sam
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Gethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura about

Just read through the guidance notes again supplied with the UK passport form and it says "Babies under one year do not need to have their eyes open".

I am going to have some new ones done for their visa application.

Cheers
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Originally Posted by TMRE
Snap! Got the photo place to take them again and told them I wasn't going to be paying for them again
Good, glad that you did. I wouldn't pay again either if I didn't have to. We have just had one of our kids done and luckily she was very good and did exactly as we told her. We have had trouble in the past though as our youngest had her first passport done at 3 weeks old and she was asleep. They made us wake her up and make her look at the camera. What a nightmare, how can you get a 3 week old baby to look for a camera when they can't see.

Glad the rulings have now changed and little ones no longer need to have their eyes open.

All the best of luck.

Lou xx