Child Passport

Old Aug 14th 2010, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

kellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud of
Cool Child Passport

Which parent has to go to the interview in London? The Australian one or does it not matter? Also, is there anywhere I can get her photo taken as the photo booths apparently aren't the right size.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 1:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child Passport

Originally Posted by kellz
Which parent has to go to the interview in London? The Australian one or does it not matter? Also, is there anywhere I can get her photo taken as the photo booths apparently aren't the right size.
The Australian parent goes (obviously the other one can as well) and yes it does matter. We went to a kodak shop (from memory). Print off the legal dimensions required from the AHC website and they will be able to do the photo so that AHC are kept happy.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

I took my step-sons application in when we were in London and there wasn't a problem.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

kellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Child Passport

just found this on FAQ's on embassy website

Q20 - My husband/wife is not an Australian citizen; can he/she lodge our child’s passport application?
Either of the consenting parties can lodge the passport application as there is no requirement for the lodging party to be an Australian citizen. (The lodging parent doesn't need to be the Australian parent.)

That's cool then.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 10:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kellz
just found this on FAQ's on embassy website

Q20 - My husband/wife is not an Australian citizen; can he/she lodge our child’s passport application?
Either of the consenting parties can lodge the passport application as there is no requirement for the lodging party to be an Australian citizen. (The lodging parent doesn't need to be the Australian parent.)

That's cool then.
OK. It's changed since I did mine then I'm sure although we both went up.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Cool Re: Child Passport

I assumed my husband would have to do it. We will probably both go up, but if we can't it is easier for me to do it so glad it can be either of us really.