Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Child over 18 year

Child over 18 year

Old Sep 23rd 2004, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice
Default Child over 18 year

Can anyone help
we have applied for a PR visa on my qualifications (nurse midwife) we have a daughter aged 19 I submitted the required paperwork for a dependant child over 18 and have now had my letter requesting medical and police checks for all 5 of us including the 19 year old
does this mean they have accepted her dependency I am dreading them saying she cannot come with us as i dont think i could go without her She is currently at university so would spend holidays in OZ and term time here till she finishes has anyone else been in a similar situation I am finding this to be the most worrying aspect as when we considered using an agent they all said it would be a really big problem I ended up doing the whole application myself so am now really concerned I may have missed something help please !!

mary and stuart
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

kaznjeff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Child over 18 year

Originally Posted by marysidey
Can anyone help
we have applied for a PR visa on my qualifications (nurse midwife) we have a daughter aged 19 I submitted the required paperwork for a dependant child over 18 and have now had my letter requesting medical and police checks for all 5 of us including the 19 year old
does this mean they have accepted her dependency I am dreading them saying she cannot come with us as i dont think i could go without her She is currently at university so would spend holidays in OZ and term time here till she finishes has anyone else been in a similar situation I am finding this to be the most worrying aspect as when we considered using an agent they all said it would be a really big problem I ended up doing the whole application myself so am now really concerned I may have missed something help please !!

mary and stuart
hi, yes, it sounds like they have accepted your daughters dependncy. we were in the same boat,just supplied proof from uni etc. now we all have our VISAS. regards karen.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Originally Posted by kaznjeff
hi, yes, it sounds like they have accepted your daughters dependncy. we were in the same boat,just supplied proof from uni etc. now we all have our VISAS. regards karen.
Thanks karen
Did they ask you for additional proof i just sent offer letter (she has registered now) A levels and they havn t asked for anything else yet its the not knowing that is awful isnt it
Are you still in UK or in Australia ??
Old Sep 24th 2004, 1:13 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks karen
Did they ask you for additional proof i just sent offer letter (she has registered now) A levels and they havn t asked for anything else yet its the not knowing that is awful isnt it
Make sure she stays dependent on you right up to the point you validate your visas. Proving dependency is not normally a problem if she's in full time education and not engaged/married/de-facto relationship.

If she's going to stay at university in the UK post visa grant you need to make yourselves very familiar with the rules for holding onto PR once granted - it's not valid indefinitely if you're not living in Australia.

Jeremy

Last edited by JAJ; Sep 24th 2004 at 1:17 am.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

kaznjeff is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks karen
we sent a lot of evedence to prove dependancy for our daughter,she is 20.,she is working and training at same time.we sent reciept for car insurance,reciepts for exams taken,letter from our accountant etc... all showing we pay for EVERYTHING!.our son was easy,he is still full time uni.
we are still in uk, my son and i are validating on christmas day(i am main applicant),hubby and daughter going in feb.
we will move out around september next year. regards karen
Old Sep 24th 2004, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kaznjeff
we sent a lot of evedence to prove dependancy for our daughter,she is 20.,she is working and training at same time.we sent reciept for car insurance,reciepts for exams taken,letter from our accountant etc... all showing we pay for EVERYTHING!.our son was easy,he is still full time uni.
we are still in uk, my son and i are validating on christmas day(i am main applicant),hubby and daughter going in feb.
we will move out around september next year. regards karen
thansk karen and good luck i will post when i know !! mary