Reload this Page >

Child day care costs in Sydney

Child day care costs in Sydney

Old May 11th 2008, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Child day care costs in Sydney

Hi

Currently looking at North Sydney (Galston way ) and south Sydney (sutherland way) can anyone advice me on child day care costs for a 2 (well nearly 3) yr old please?

My little grumpy tot is very unsettled at the moment as we're trying to do bits to the house, he will be happy middle of the week when he knows his routine of child day care here in the UK, I want to get him settled into a Child day care centre (nursery) over there asap to initiate a bit of stability in what will for several weeks be quite an unsettling time.
Unlike my other two he doesn't accept chage too well (hence why he is a miserable little love now) although when we were in Melbourne for our reccie he loved it and has been asking to go back ever since.
This time round though hubby will be working from the outset and I will be trying to run everything from a holiday place at least initially and trying to look round schools etc with my older two.

So if anyone has their child in day care in Sydney area if you could advice me on costs per day ? that would be great, I would like to get him in at least 2 days a week to help him settle in there.

Many Thanks

Jen
Old May 11th 2008, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Previously Sydney, Australia... now Oakville, Canada...love it!
Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Child day care costs in Sydney

Originally Posted by JenJen
Hi

Currently looking at North Sydney (Galston way ) and south Sydney (sutherland way) can anyone advice me on child day care costs for a 2 (well nearly 3) yr old please?

My little grumpy tot is very unsettled at the moment as we're trying to do bits to the house, he will be happy middle of the week when he knows his routine of child day care here in the UK, I want to get him settled into a Child day care centre (nursery) over there asap to initiate a bit of stability in what will for several weeks be quite an unsettling time.
Unlike my other two he doesn't accept chage too well (hence why he is a miserable little love now) although when we were in Melbourne for our reccie he loved it and has been asking to go back ever since.
This time round though hubby will be working from the outset and I will be trying to run everything from a holiday place at least initially and trying to look round schools etc with my older two.

So if anyone has their child in day care in Sydney area if you could advice me on costs per day ? that would be great, I would like to get him in at least 2 days a week to help him settle in there.

Many Thanks

Jen
Hi, for long day care you'll be looking anywhere from around $40-$90 per day which includes meals. Hours are usually 7am-6pm. They are usually open year round.

For pre-school, which he would be eligible to attend from 3years, you would be looking at anywhere from around $30 - $50 per day. You provide meals and the hours are 9am-3pm and run parallel to the school terms ie they close in school holidays. I'm in the Sutherland shire and my 5 yr old attends pre-school 3 days per week. We pay $28 per day, it's a community based one which means it's non-profit, that price is unheard of these days. Other preschools in the area that I inquired about recently are up to $45 per day.

I would say you need to book your child in asap, in fact he'll probably be on a waiting list.
Old May 11th 2008, 6:13 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Child day care costs in Sydney

Originally Posted by Ginger3710
Hi, for long day care you'll be looking anywhere from around $40-$90 per day which includes meals. Hours are usually 7am-6pm. They are usually open year round.

For pre-school, which he would be eligible to attend from 3 years, you would be looking at anywhere from around $30 - $50 per day. You provide meals and the hours are 9am-3pm and run parallel to the school terms ie they close in school holidays. I'm in the Sutherland shire and my 5 yr old attends pre-school 3 days per week. We pay $28 per day, it's a community based one which means it's non-profit, that price is unheard of these days. Other preschools in the area that I inquired about recently are up to $45 per day.

I would say you need to book your child in asap, in fact he'll probably be on a waiting list.
thanks Ginger

Here we pay the equivalent of around $90 per day for him to be in day care (private) from 8am - 6pm meals included. he also attends playgroup (public -non profit) 2 - 3 times a week between 9:15 - 11:45 (costs around $12 per session).

I've emailed a few which say they have spaces on the days (they don't specify fees) we would need and will see what they say.

Thanks again

Jen
Old May 13th 2008, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

kips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JenJen
Hi

Many Thanks

Jen
I worked in Wollongong - 90 minutes south of Sydney and paid $49 a day 2 days a week for my 5-year-old to attend a long day care centre open from 7.30am to 6pm and this included morning tea and lunch. I needed long day care as I worked different shifts each day. Very hard to get into good child care centres, especially Sydney, so get your child on a waiting list asap on as many centres as possible. There is a huge demand for child care in Sydney and the surrounding areas. Another option is family day care which involves putting your child with a registered childminder who looks after children in his/her own home.

kips
Old May 20th 2008, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

I'd second the advice about getting names down on lists asap as they are popular in particular suburbs- however if you're looking at Galston (rural area) you may have more luck. What suburbs are you needing childcare in?
I have a friend who runs a pre school at Kenthurst so may be able to ask about vacancies.