Child care jobs

Old Oct 15th 2008, 5:49 am
Just Joined

should I stay or should I has a brilliant futureshould I stay or should I has a brilliant futureshould I stay or should I has a brilliant futureshould I stay or should I has a brilliant futureshould I stay or should I has a brilliant futureshould I stay or should I has a brilliant future
Default Child care jobs

We are moving to the Sunshine coast in March. As my husband will be working shift, I am looking to try and get some work in child care (nursery) as I am currently doing this type of work in the UK and are fully qualified.

Is it possible to get a blue card before arriving?

If I looked for full time are they flexible. I have a 2 year old who would also need to use the nursery while I work or be flexible around my husbands shift?

What is the average pay?

I would also be grateful for any other advise on this mater please

Many thanks
Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all
Default Re: Child care jobs

Originally Posted by should I stay or should I
We are moving to the Sunshine coast in March. As my husband will be working shift, I am looking to try and get some work in child care (nursery) as I am currently doing this type of work in the UK and are fully qualified.

Is it possible to get a blue card before arriving?

If I looked for full time are they flexible. I have a 2 year old who would also need to use the nursery while I work or be flexible around my husbands shift?

What is the average pay?

I would also be grateful for any other advise on this mater please

Many thanks
Hi,
Maybe you can open your own family day care, that way you can work from home and while looking after your son you can look after other kids and earn too.
I am planning to do this next year when i arrive in Brisbane. Seems like a good option. (search for family day care center in this site for more info)
All the best.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

I guess your son's ability to use the centre would mean he joins a waiting list. They are very strict on numbers and (here in Vic at least) demand is high.

However to be flexible around your husband's shifts you could always be an agency worked. My daughter's childcare uses a set agency with preferred workers to cover sick/annual leave etc.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 7:10 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by punoo
Hi,
Maybe you can open your own family day care, that way you can work from home and while looking after your son you can look after other kids and earn too.
I am planning to do this next year when i arrive in Brisbane. Seems like a good option. (search for family day care center in this site for more info)
All the best.
I am a family day carer on the Gold Coast, the scheme I operate under (although I am self employed) also services Brissie and the Sunshine Coast. PM me if you want the info.

You can't apply for a blue card until you get here, supposedly takes 6 weeks, mine took 4. You also need to get first aid and cpr done.

I find it great, I am at home with my 10 month old whilst looking after a small group of children. I find it very rewarding and enjoyable. The other carers under the same scheme are great too. We have regular training sessions when we all meet but also have a coffee evening once a month so you get out of the house and meet with other carers in your area.

Marie