Reload this Page >

Child Care Benefit

Child Care Benefit

Old Feb 7th 2008, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

clairegary is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Child Care Benefit

Hi

Just wondered if anyone can explain childcare benefit.

When we move to Oz in about 1.5 years (either Adelaide or Brisbane) our son will be 3 years old. I am hoping to get work as a book keeper or accounts assistant while I study for the Australian CA and my husband as a labourer. Im not expecting us to be on huge salaries for a while so childcare costs will be a problem.

What if any assistance would we get? We will hopefully get a PR visa based on my accountancy qualifications. We are considering waiting until our son is 5 before we go but would prefer to go sooner rather than later.

Thanks in advance

Claire
Old Feb 7th 2008, 11:25 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child Care Benefit

Originally Posted by clairegary
Hi

Just wondered if anyone can explain childcare benefit.

When we move to Oz in about 1.5 years (either Adelaide or Brisbane) our son will be 3 years old. I am hoping to get work as a book keeper or accounts assistant while I study for the Australian CA and my husband as a labourer. Im not expecting us to be on huge salaries for a while so childcare costs will be a problem.

What if any assistance would we get? We will hopefully get a PR visa based on my accountancy qualifications. We are considering waiting until our son is 5 before we go but would prefer to go sooner rather than later.

Thanks in advance

Claire
www.centrelink.gov.au
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:45 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

It's hard to say unless you know your income and other specifics.

There's a calculator somewhere on the site that northernbird gave you. Just estimate as best you can and it should tell you what to expect.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

clairegary is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Ive tried but cant suss it out
Old Feb 7th 2008, 1:11 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I'll have a look again in the morning. I know I posted a direct link to the calculator a few days ago.

But it's midnight now and I'm going to bed. I imagine the rest of us night owls might do the same.