Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Child Car Seat Safety - WA

Child Car Seat Safety - WA

Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Child Car Seat Safety - WA

Not sure if any of you have found the car seats more of a pain to fit over here but I have. Anyhow, after a remind from another post I have just called to arrange for mine to be checked or re-fitted if that is the case. To check a seat it's $10 and an extra $5 if it needs re-fitting.

Check out www.kidsafewa.com.au

Telephone numbers are in contact us and you can book an appointment. They are based in Subiaco.

J
Old Jun 8th 2007, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child Car Seat Safety - WA

I took mine to the baby shop I bought it from and they fitted it for me, just as well as it turned out my car needed an extra strap anyway so OH would have been swearing!! $38 in total so not bad, and peace of mind that it's fitted correctly so worth every penny.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bridie
I took mine to the baby shop I bought it from and they fitted it for me, just as well as it turned out my car needed an extra strap anyway so OH would have been swearing!! $38 in total so not bad, and peace of mind that it's fitted correctly so worth every penny.
Which baby shop. Just like the UK most aren't insured to fit so would be interested to know where.

Cheers

J
Old Jun 8th 2007, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

obogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Not sure if any of you have found the car seats more of a pain to fit over here but I have. Anyhow, after a remind from another post I have just called to arrange for mine to be checked or re-fitted if that is the case. To check a seat it's $10 and an extra $5 if it needs re-fitting.

Check out www.kidsafewa.com.au

Telephone numbers are in contact us and you can book an appointment. They are based in Subiaco.

J
hi there seen th ethreads - we arrived in April and we have a really good isofix MAxi cosi - can we use this here if fitted by someone ? I must admit the Aussie ones are rubbish compared to the British ones ...unless you can recommend one Thanks
Old Jun 8th 2007, 12:19 pm
looking for an easy life!

IanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by obogk
hi there seen th ethreads - we arrived in April and we have a really good isofix MAxi cosi - can we use this here if fitted by someone ? I must admit the Aussie ones are rubbish compared to the British ones ...unless you can recommend one Thanks
We recently went to Oz for a recci and were disgusted with the car seats for my 2 children. Went to a couple of shops that sold them and were adament that when we emigrate next year, we will be getting new seats in the UK and bringing them out with us. Definelty not buying one in Oz!.

We hired a car with 2 car seats. My wife and I tightened them as much as we possibly could but the amount of sideways movement was horrific. If we had had a front impact I think that they would just about be okay. Side impact and they would have been flying about the car. The car safety for child seats is severely lacking in my opinion.

Ian.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

obogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by IanJakeCharlieDaddy
We recently went to Oz for a recci and were disgusted with the car seats for my 2 children. Went to a couple of shops that sold them and were adament that when we emigrate next year, we will be getting new seats in the UK and bringing them out with us. Definelty not buying one in Oz!.

We hired a car with 2 car seats. My wife and I tightened them as much as we possibly could but the amount of sideways movement was horrific. If we had had a front impact I think that they would just about be okay. Side impact and they would have been flying about the car. The car safety for child seats is severely lacking in my opinion.

Ian.
I must admit we were horrified when we arrvied the company my husband works for provided a hire car with a car seat. I agree no matter how much you pulled the straps it moved from side to side. Scary. Once our stuff arrived we put the Maxi Cosy in the car so much better, I just cant understand why our EC/EU seats do not conform with Aussie standards. I have read somewhere I am sure that it is against the law and could potentially void insurance travelling with UK seat. WHere is Oz you going ?
Old Jun 8th 2007, 1:37 pm
looking for an easy life!

IanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to all

I have read somewhere I am sure that it is against the law and could potentially void insurance travelling with UK seat. WHere is Oz you going ?
That's a bit scary, this is not something that I have heard before especially when the car seats are considerably superior to those in Oz.

We're heading to SE QLD (Brisbane).
Old Jun 8th 2007, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Womat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really nice

Originally Posted by IanJakeCharlieDaddy
That's a bit scary, this is not something that I have heard before especially when the car seats are considerably superior to those in Oz.

We're heading to SE QLD (Brisbane).

All child restraints must meet the requirements of the Australian Standard: AS 1754.

Australian Transport Safety Bureau (see page 17 for law on Australian Standard)
http://www.atsb.gov.au/pdfs/child_restraints.pdf

Road Safety Authorities & Auto Associations are listed towards the end of the document for all states and territories (couple of those websites below).

You might be interested to read a previous thread:-
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hild+car+seats

RACQ:-
http://www.racq.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/...s_ENA_HTML.htm

vic roads:-
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...raints.htm#Law

W.A. Office of Road Safety Site:-
http://www.childcarrestraints.com.au/

South Australian Government:-
http://www.health.sa.gov.au/pregnanc...aspx?tabid=355

NSW Roads and Traffic Authority:-
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety...nts/index.html
Old Jun 8th 2007, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Womat
All child restraints must meet the requirements of the Australian Standard: AS 1754.

Australian Transport Safety Bureau (see page 17 for law on Australian Standard)
http://www.atsb.gov.au/pdfs/child_restraints.pdf

Road Safety Authorities & Auto Associations are listed towards the end of the document for all states and territories (couple of those websites below).

You might be interested to read a previous thread:-
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hild+car+seats

RACQ:-
http://www.racq.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/...s_ENA_HTML.htm

vic roads:-
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...raints.htm#Law

W.A. Office of Road Safety Site:-
http://www.childcarrestraints.com.au/

South Australian Government:-
http://www.health.sa.gov.au/pregnanc...aspx?tabid=355

NSW Roads and Traffic Authority:-
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety...nts/index.html
is there aplace or way to configurethe ukone we have to Oz standard ?Attach a strap
Old Jun 8th 2007, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

is there aplace or way to configurethe ukone we have to Oz standard ?Attach a strap
Not really. In theory you could but you would have to get it tested which would cost more than buying one that adheres to Aus standards.

Old Jun 8th 2007, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Not really. In theory you could but you would have to get it tested which would cost more than buying one that adheres to Aus standards.

any idea where does this just to check it out many thanks
Old Jun 8th 2007, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

any idea where does this just to check it out many thanks
No. Sorry.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther

The only thing you could try is emailing the Aus offices of the manufacturer and asking them - which is what I did when I was thinking of getting a Britax seat brought over (not only much easier to use but so much cheaper than seats here!) but alas, wasnt on the list.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 2:19 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridie
The only thing you could try is emailing the Aus offices of the manufacturer and asking them - which is what I did when I was thinking of getting a Britax seat brought over (not only much easier to use but so much cheaper than seats here!) but alas, wasnt on the list.
No signs of baby yet??

kezx
Old Jun 11th 2007, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kez81
No signs of baby yet??

kezx
No and bloody fed up now...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.