Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

child benefit info...very useful

child benefit info...very useful

Old Sep 11th 2003, 9:17 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default child benefit info...very useful

Hi all,

On a recent thread about this I gave info re contacting benefits agency...i was originally told to contact them 5 days prior to departure...glad i didnt leave it that late!

I phoned them this morning and they want it in writing re when you leave the uk...then they will pay any outstanding benefit into an account. You can send an email to them which I have but havent had reply yet so dont know whether it makes it any quicker than snail mail!!!

email address is [email protected]

fao ils3 (for oz ..sorry dont know nz one!!)

include benefit ref number and date that you leave uk!!!

hope this helps!!!
Old Sep 11th 2003, 11:35 am
A soft and furry member

Bluey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Yvsie, child Benefit, I knew there was something that slipped my mind to sort out. Is it just a UK bank account they pay it into before you go or will they pay it into an Aus account in $'s?
Old Sep 11th 2003, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

It's been suggested to me by my cousin (sponsor) to just let it run and not tell 'em!

Leave it to build up in a bank account over here for when you come back for holidays!

Do you think it's a good idea? How will they know you've left the country?
Old Sep 11th 2003, 1:57 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

bluey...not sure about oz account for settlement...we're leaving an account open

cadman...i personally wouldnt do that ..they may just catch up with you later!!!!...but its up to you:scared: :scared:
Old Sep 11th 2003, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by yvsie
cadman...i personally wouldnt do that ..they may just catch up with you later!!!!...but its up to you:scared: :scared:

Surely if we just let it go into our account here if they say anything we'll just say we forgot to tell em and we'll have the cash to pay it back (perhaps!) !

I do live on Merseyside so what do you expect!
Old Sep 12th 2003, 12:00 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by cadman
It's been suggested to me by my cousin (sponsor) to just let it run and not tell 'em!

Leave it to build up in a bank account over here for when you come back for holidays!

Do you think it's a good idea? How will they know you've left the country?
charming I must say... It's nice to know that my folk back in Britain who have worked damn hard all their lives are paying their tax to keep people like you in holiday money!.

You are not ripping off the government but every hard working, tax paying person in the UK. Makes me sick when there are real needy people out there, single struggling mothers, old age pensioners who are to scared too switch on the fires in the winter for fear of a high bill, waiting lists for NHS, homeless .. need I go on!

Tell me why on earth do you feel that you have a right, or cheek to carry on claiming that money? Don't you have any morals ?
It's not as easy as paying them back.. you'll receive a hefty fine (and court) if they prove you intentionally ripped them off.

Enough said
Old Sep 12th 2003, 12:07 am
main member

truth-teller is an unknown quantity at this point

eh eh calm down
Old Sep 12th 2003, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Ceri
charming I must say... It's nice to know that my folk back in Britain who have worked damn hard all their lives are paying their tax to keep people like you in holiday money!.

You are not ripping off the government but every hard working, tax paying person in the UK. Makes me sick when there are real needy people out there, single struggling mothers, old age pensioners who are to scared too switch on the fires in the winter for fear of a high bill, waiting lists for NHS, homeless .. need I go on!

Tell me why on earth do you feel that you have a right, or cheek to carry on claiming that money? Don't you have any morals ?
It's not as easy as paying them back.. you'll receive a hefty fine (and court) if they prove you intentionally ripped them off.

Enough said
Dont worry Ceri, we had 'friends' in Bris who did just that, while ripping off centerlink too. It took less than a year for both departments to be fully on to it, everything claimed has to be paid back, fines issued and fraud charges have been laid. Nice way to start off your new life.

People also seem to be unaware that Centerlink payments are adjusted by the Tax Dept in OZ at the end of the year. If you were not entitled to it you pay it back.
Old Sep 12th 2003, 12:25 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by dotty
Dont worry Ceri, we had 'friends' in Bris who did just that, while ripping off centerlink too. It took less than a year for both departments to be fully on to it, everything claimed has to be paid back, fines issued and fraud charges have been laid. Nice way to start off your new life.

People also seem to be unaware that Centerlink payments are adjusted by the Tax Dept in OZ at the end of the year. If you were not entitled to it you pay it back.
This is one thing which Aus and the Uk have very much in common.. people only too willing to claim for everything. It's as if they think that they have the right! Where on earth do they think the money comes from?? They are ripping off all hard working citizens

Then these same people have the cheek to say, I'm leaving for a better life , too many scrounging illegal immigrants coming into the country, too long waiting lists on the NHS.. blah and blah... no wonder Western countries have troubles.

cheers
Old Sep 12th 2003, 12:27 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ceri

Then these same people have the cheek to say, I'm leaving for a better life , too many scrounging illegal immigrants coming into the country, too long waiting lists on the NHS.. blah and blah... no wonder Western countries have troubles.

cheers

Just what I was thinking:

"I'm leaving the UK cos its full of immigrants living off benefits"

"Since I'm emigrating from UK, how do I continue to claim benefits from a country I don't even live in?"
Old Sep 12th 2003, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by cadman
Surely if we just let it go into our account here if they say anything we'll just say we forgot to tell em and we'll have the cash to pay it back (perhaps!) !

I do live on Merseyside so what do you expect!
This could also end up with you having a criminal record, which could jeapodise your chances of getting citizenship in Australia, and severely reduce your job prospects.

Unless that is you want to be a professional embezzler.
Old Sep 12th 2003, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by jayr
Just what I was thinking:

"I'm leaving the UK cos its full of immigrants living off benefits"

"Since I'm emigrating from UK, how do I continue to claim benefits from a country I don't even live in?"
Add to that and "how quickly can I get benefits in the new one".

How the hell do they let loosers like this in, think we should take more people from Asian nations where there is a work ethic.
Immo reform needed, come with enough money to support yourself till you get a job.

Bet this post gets some pissy comments and I dont care
Old Sep 12th 2003, 2:26 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by dotty

I met a lady who has lived here a couple of years. When they first arrived they under etimated how much her hubby would earn. They were given a cheque for $4000 (!!!) and quickly spent it.

Hubbys tax rebate for last year and this year has gone towards the re-payments back to centrelink, she now gets $1 a weeks for her three children!!

Anyone coming over who thinks it's easy to claim 'family tax credit' think again!! It all goes on estimates and if you are wrong you loose out big time!
Old Sep 12th 2003, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Kath will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by janeyray
I met a lady who has lived here a couple of years. When they first arrived they under etimated how much her hubby would earn. They were given a cheque for $4000 (!!!) and quickly spent it.

Hubbys tax rebate for last year and this year has gone towards the re-payments back to centrelink, she now gets $1 a weeks for her three children!!

Anyone coming over who thinks it's easy to claim 'family tax credit' think again!! It all goes on estimates and if you are wrong you loose out big time!
It's simple in the UK, everyone is entitled to child benefit regardless of earnings.

It's a real pain in the arse system here, my husband earnt too much money this year (overtime) and we were then overpaid $500 by centrelink. I've now told them we don't want any money we will claim any due at the end of the tax year. Seems you get rewarded here for doing very little.

By the way UK child benefit agency will catch up with people who claim whilst living overseas, people we knew claimed 2 years benefit, as soon as they got back and started using their national insurance number, PAYE etc. they find you - good job too!!
Old Sep 12th 2003, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

We are even wondering if it's worth my hubbie doing overtime (he's done a bit) cos unless we put a bit past we will have to pay some back at the end of the year!! I know I can change the estimate but it's not guaranteed O/T and we need every penny NOW!!!

Diane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.