Child Benefit

Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Robert Thrower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Child Benefit

Dear Fellow Brits

My family and I are in the process of applying to emigrate to SA (getting excited). Time lines detailed below: -

TRA approved in 2001 (Mum died)
STNI Nomination in May 2004
STNI Acceptance on 16th June 2004
DIMIA File number issued early in July 2004
Awaiting request for medicals and appointment of Case Officer

Our question is.....What happens to your entitlement to receive Child Benefit. Will we lose our money's with immediate effect, or will the UK tax office pay these money's for a period of time after arriving in Australia. What where your experiences on this subject......We have four children, which pay's nearly £200 per Month.

Many thanks in advance for your support.

Regards

Robert
Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:38 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child Benefit

Is this a piss-take or are you really serious? you want the U.K government to pay you to raise your kids in Australia. :lecture:

Originally posted by Robert Thrower
Dear Fellow Brits

My family and I are in the process of applying to emigrate to SA (getting excited). Time lines detailed below: -

TRA approved in 2001 (Mum died)
STNI Nomination in May 2004
STNI Acceptance on 16th June 2004
DIMIA File number issued early in July 2004
Awaiting request for medicals and appointment of Case Officer

Our question is.....What happens to your entitlement to receive Child Benefit. Will we lose our money's with immediate effect, or will the UK tax office pay these money's for a period of time after arriving in Australia. What where your experiences on this subject......We have four children, which pay's nearly £200 per Month.

Many thanks in advance for your support.

Regards

Robert
Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:47 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Nope you are not entitled to Child Support from the moment you leave the UK planning to live in Aus.

And the recommendation is usually to fess up early and get it stopped because they will try and recupe the monies that may be overpaid.

There is child benefit support available in Aus - salary related of course (means tested)

http://www.ato.gov.au/taxprofessiona...tent/44865.htm

Might be worth a look.

Cheers Sandra
Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your prompt replies....

I knew that a few people where going to think that I was going a little "potty" posting this thread.......But, I guess it pay's to cover all aspects of your move in good time, as opposed to the day before you leave.......I look forward to contributing to the Australian economy as I have done in the UK.

B Regards

Robert
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

This may help...

http://www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/chil...ble.htm#abroad
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:32 am
Just Joined

Thank you Steveyp........Very helpful

Having never applied for or taken benefits from the UK government before, with the exception of this Child Benefit which is paid to all UK residents with children. I was unsure of the policy for residents living overseas.

Now fully informed.

B Regards

Robert