Chevron Island

Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:55 pm
Banned

Fried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really nice
Default Chevron Island

http://www.goldcoastaustralia.com/su...on-island.html

Would you live here on this island, we are looking at renting a town house on the north side, left side of picture before the small island, three bedroom un-furnished.

We are looking to be close to the beach, bars, cafes, but want a quiet relaxing place to live?

I am a nurse, working all over, partner, working in Surfers Paradise.

Anyone got any experiences?

Thanks
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:50 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Chevron Island

Originally Posted by Fried Rice
http://www.goldcoastaustralia.com/su...on-island.html

http://www.goldcoastaustralia.com/me...ron-island.jpg

Would you live here on this island, we are looking at renting a town house on the north side, left side of picture before the small island, three bedroom un-furnished.

We are looking to be close to the beach, bars, cafes, but want a quiet relaxing place to live?

I am a nurse, working all over, partner, working in Surfers Paradise.

Anyone got any experiences?

Thanks
There are some rough units there, some backpackers, some nice units and some expensive houses.

You will have to look at the place yourself and see who your neighbors are.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 11:31 pm
Banned

Fried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really nice

Originally Posted by temptininnit
There are some rough units there, some backpackers, some nice units and some expensive houses.

http://www.seqrents.com.au/pacificgrande/index.htm

1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, furnished apartment.
AIR CONDITIONED large modern furnished unit in a 3 storey camera security walk up complex, spacious front and rear balcony, pool, heated spa, sauna, gym, access to cable tv and wireless broadband, 1 car undercover camera security carpark and storage area. $280 per week

Seen this place on Seqrents, what are your thoughts?

Suits us, but is it a rough area? Noisy rough neigbours? We need a one bedroom place, minimum, but we can get a three bedroom un-furnished place for $350.00 aweek?

Not sure what to do, buy furniture or have room for family/friends visitors?
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:22 am
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

http://www.seqrents.com.au/pacificgrande/index.htm

1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, furnished apartment.
AIR CONDITIONED large modern furnished unit in a 3 storey camera security walk up complex, spacious front and rear balcony, pool, heated spa, sauna, gym, access to cable tv and wireless broadband, 1 car undercover camera security carpark and storage area. $280 per week

Seen this place on Seqrents, what are your thoughts?

Suits us, but is it a rough area? Noisy rough neigbours? We need a one bedroom place, minimum, but we can get a three bedroom un-furnished place for $350.00 aweek?

Not sure what to do, buy furniture or have room for family/friends visitors?
You will have to look and decide yourself mate.

Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:53 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

No I wouldn't live anywhere on the GC. I have standards to maintain.

"The beaches, restaurants, clubs and shops of Surfers Paradise are only a few minutes walk." Is that a positive or negative?

Last edited by Lord_Farquar; Aug 13th 2009 at 4:13 am.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 9:18 am
Banned

I am looking at this complex on Chevron Island;

http://www.chevronpalms.com.au/

Has anyone stayed or lives in the area surrounding the complex. I was thinking of booking it for a month, just to get a feel for the area?

I am going to be running a small business in Surfers , so want to be close by?

Thanks for any feed back.

P.S. Where would you say the quietest part of the Island is? I quite like the look of this location. facing the canal?

Attached Thumbnails Chevron Island-untitled1.jpg  

Last edited by Fried Rice; Aug 13th 2009 at 9:26 am.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 9:41 am
Banned

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/Prop...x?adid=6210264

Or maybe going for something a bit more exclusive for rthe first six month?

Just cannot decide between Ashmore or Chevron?
Old Aug 13th 2009, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Hi, I love Chevron. When we go out on a Surfers nite out we park there and walk over, if I had no kids and wanted to be close to things I would live there. The bars and restaurants are good there too! There is a real mix of housing too, some good and bad, but the same all over really.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 11:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by DestinationSydney
Hi, I love Chevron. When we go out on a Surfers nite out we park there and walk over, if I had no kids and wanted to be close to things I would live there. The bars and restaurants are good there too! There is a real mix of housing too, some good and bad, but the same all over really.
Thanks for the tip, i think i might book aweek on the Island and a week in Ashmore, and a week around Southport, get a feel for all three prior to commiting?
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Thanks for the tip, i think i might book aweek on the Island and a week in Ashmore, and a week around Southport, get a feel for all three prior to commiting?
No problem, we lived in Ashmore for a year. It is handy for everything and now just live up the road. There is a lot of nice units in Cotlew Street also I have friends that stay in Ashmore and Bundall in units in nice complexes. 3 beds are around $420 a week.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 7:54 pm
Banned

Hi,

My other half is leaning towards Southport central, amongst it all in his words, me i am leaning towards the tranquility of Chevron, or maybe Ashmore, has anyone any other experiences of the area? Where to and not to stay, or live around Surfers?

Thanks.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Just my opinion but I get the impression that Southport is rough. There is no way that I would consider living there. Shops are good though.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

My other half is leaning towards Southport central, amongst it all in his words, me i am leaning towards the tranquility of Chevron, or maybe Ashmore, has anyone any other experiences of the area? Where to and not to stay, or live around Surfers?

Thanks.
Southport is a big area and it is mixed. Personally I agree with Renshen some parts centrally are a bit rough about the edges. When are you coming out? As there is so much to choose from, I would just get a 2 week holiday rent first to give you a chance to look round before committing yourself to anything longer.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

deedee_b will become famous soon enoughdeedee_b will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by temptininnit

Agree! Have a look first. I lived there, near the rough units and my neighbours thought they were rappers. Not too funny at 3am most mornings. Stick to the not so rough part if you can!!
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:41 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

I stayed in Labrador for 5 months. $310 a week for a 3 bedder in a complex near Aldis. It was good. But we moved back to Sydney as GC wasn't for us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.