Chest X Ray

Old Jan 11th 2008, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Gav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to all
Default Chest X Ray

Has anyone else had any trouble with their x ray? I had mine done today and they said it was fine. Just had a phone call telling me I need to go back to have a couple more done. I asked if it was anything to worry about and they said "no, we don't think so" in that impartial medical tone!! Needless to say I am bricking it now!!

Gav
Old Jan 11th 2008, 3:41 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Chest X Ray

They may have just missed a bit off. I had to have 2 lots done after the first one missed off the bottom of my lungs.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 6:05 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gav_71
Has anyone else had any trouble with their x ray? I had mine done today and they said it was fine. Just had a phone call telling me I need to go back to have a couple more done. I asked if it was anything to worry about and they said "no, we don't think so" in that impartial medical tone!! Needless to say I am bricking it now!!

Gav
Happened to us last week, they asked my hubby to go back because they'd found a shadow on his lung We went back straight away, they took it from a different angle and the shadow had disappeared, xray was given the all clear there and then Apparently it's quite common but i know exactly how you feel. Good luck, i'm sure you'll be fine.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Gav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to all

Yeah I thought it might be common. Seem to remember my mate who moved out a couple of years back having to go twice too.

My problem is I am a habitual worrier! Thanks for your posts though guys, they have made me feel a bit better!

Gav
Old Jan 11th 2008, 11:18 pm

Yeah I thought it might be common. Seem to remember my mate who moved out a couple of years back having to go twice too.

My problem is I am a habitual worrier! Thanks for your posts though guys, they have made me feel a bit better!

Gav

Join the club, i was worried i'd fail the blood pressure test because i was so stressed out at the thought of the medical, getting the call to go back because there was a problem with my hubby's xray sent it through the roof and it turned out to be nothing. Try and get it took as soon as possible, so you're not stressing out for too long. The second xray was free at the place where we went.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Yeah I am back there on Monday so not too long to stress about it! Am sure it is nothing but like I said, I worry and have managed to put myself in pure "shitting my pants" mode for the entire weekend!

Gav
Old Jan 12th 2008, 1:17 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

Lived and worked in Greece before i moved to OZ(for a while,but thats another story again) it is Government rules that you require a " Healthy Book" to work with food in Greece,chest x-rays,full examination etc etc,half day at hospital for tests and then another half day for the results.

They showed me my results and pointed out that my heart was exceptionally big,too large for my chest,i should go back to England at once for an ECG.

I obviously was in turmoil and had the hardest summer ever,wondering when and if this huge heart of mine would explode.

On my return to England i had my OZ medical including chest x-ray etc,on completion of a perfect result i brought out the Greek x-ray and showed it to the doc with the Greek explanation..............

Turns out the "chest x-ray" in question wasnt mine! Some poor Greek sod is running round like a fool now, not knowing his tickers ready to bust any second.
Chill,itll be ok.............
Old Jan 12th 2008, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by this charming man
Lived and worked in Greece before i moved to OZ(for a while,but thats another story again) it is Government rules that you require a " Healthy Book" to work with food in Greece,chest x-rays,full examination etc etc,half day at hospital for tests and then another half day for the results.

They showed me my results and pointed out that my heart was exceptionally big,too large for my chest,i should go back to England at once for an ECG.

I obviously was in turmoil and had the hardest summer ever,wondering when and if this huge heart of mine would explode.

On my return to England i had my OZ medical including chest x-ray etc,on completion of a perfect result i brought out the Greek x-ray and showed it to the doc with the Greek explanation..............

Turns out the "chest x-ray" in question wasnt mine! Some poor Greek sod is running round like a fool now, not knowing his tickers ready to bust any second.

Well it made me smile
Old Jan 12th 2008, 5:16 pm

Yeah I am back there on Monday so not too long to stress about it! Am sure it is nothing but like I said, I worry and have managed to put myself in pure "shitting my pants" mode for the entire weekend!

Gav

We had the xray on the Thursday, got the recall on the Friday morning and went straight there. At first they said we could only get the result on the Monday because the Dr was doing NHS work that day, but after seeing me nearly in tears and steam coming out of OH's ears, they emailed the image to the Dr and 20 minutes later we were told that it was normal - The radiologist even showed us both xrays so we could see the shadow had disappeared, apparently it's quite common because they're only taking it from one angle. Not sure which medical centre you went to, we went to St. Johns Street in Manchester, (we live in St. Helens) but insist on being told the result there and then.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

holsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to all

Gav
X Rays tend to be reviewed after clinics so as stated they might just want to re do in the event of an unclear pic or parts missed off in the original
Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

TheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really nice

Originally Posted by this charming man

God that sounds familiar! I had mine done by HSA in Paramatta and was told after I got back to the UK that I had lung cancer. Had them redone and resubmitted in the UK and they were fine after a week of excreting the preverbiable brick
Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:24 am

Gav
If you don't mind me asking, how did you get on?