Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Chess Moving, are they any good?

Chess Moving, are they any good?

Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:10 am
Just Joined

T8HK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chess Moving, are they any good?

With all the recent discussion of dodgy removal companies can anyone give us some feedback on Chess Moving.

We are currently going with Prudential Movers who use Chess Moving as their partners in Oz. I feel comfortable with what I have seen from Prudential, but I have no idea about Chess.

Any info you have would be helpful to pre-empt any potential problems.

Cheers,

Adrian
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

sg1964 has a spectacular aura aboutsg1964 has a spectacular aura aboutsg1964 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Chess Moving, are they any good?

Originally Posted by T8HK
With all the recent discussion of dodgy removal companies can anyone give us some feedback on Chess Moving.

We are currently going with Prudential Movers who use Chess Moving as their partners in Oz. I feel comfortable with what I have seen from Prudential, but I have no idea about Chess.

Cheers,

Adrian
Hi TH8HK

We self-shipped from the UK, only got hold of Chess while surfing the internet, they were professional, reliable and offered us a first class service, no issues at all. We are in Eltham NE Melbourne

Simon

Last edited by sg1964; Feb 16th 2007 at 1:09 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:07 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers,

Adrian
Hi Adrian
Without any doubt, they are 100% reliable, friendly to deal with (Rohan in Perth) and an would be excellent choice.

We had a part delivery due to moving into a fully furnished house.
You have a free delivery this end as part of the contract. Rohan worked out that the volume staying in storage was much greater than the first delivery and so advised us to pay for the first delivery (charged on the volume), and use the free delivery for the bulk when we were ready. It was things like that where Chess helped us to say money, that we were so pleased with.

Also during the initial delivery, some of the items requested were numbered incorrectly by the packers in the UK. With no extra cost, Chess went back to Fremantle to collect the correct items and deliver them.
They will call and collect all the boxes and wrapping for free.
The storage fee's were also very reasonable too.

WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Chess Moving Perth

Phone: +61 (08) 9352 4333
Facsimile: +61 (08) 9352 4322

20 Valentine Street
Kewdale WA 6105

E-mail: [email protected]
http://www.chessmoving.com.au/

Hope this reassures you!
Neil.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:47 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers,

Adrian
We used Britannia in the UK and Chess here, great blokes here. Balls up at the office, put their hands up to it and apologized, stuff came at 7pm instead of 1pm as arranged but as I say they rang to say they had ballsed up. Expected the delivery blokes to have the right arse having to make a delivery at 7pm on a Friday night but no they were as good as gold, though we never made them unpack as was in the contract, they still didn't finish until gone 10.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

T8HK is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the feedback. I feel a lot better now.

Cheers,

Adrian