Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Chef Skills assessment has finally gone!!!!!

Chef Skills assessment has finally gone!!!!!

Old Sep 4th 2006, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

davyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Chef Skills assessment has finally gone!!!!!

WEY HEY! after 6 months of gathering information, references, 22 page 15000 word stat dec etc, we have finally posted it off to canberra!
oooooohhhhhh i hope there's enough information in it? :scared:
Peace n that
Dave
Old Sep 4th 2006, 2:02 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: Chef Skills assessment has finally gone!!!!!

Best of luck from a fellow chef. Keep us posted on the outcome.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Good luck.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

davyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the rough

cheers mate!!!
RU in oz yet?
where you planning on going if not?
Im looking at going into teaching catering, its what im doing now but the chefs quals seemed a quicker way to get into the country!
Peace n that
Dave
Old Sep 4th 2006, 2:27 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Originally Posted by davyboy
cheers mate!!!
RU in oz yet?
where you planning on going if not?
Im looking at going into teaching catering, its what im doing now but the chefs quals seemed a quicker way to get into the country!
Peace n that
Dave

Yep, I'm here, in Perth.

Do you have a teaching qualification...have you looked into this? I'm sure you will have to do some kind of course (for high schools etc), unless you teach in Tafe...not entirely sure, so any advice would be good.

laters
Old Sep 4th 2006, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by claire edwards
Yep, I'm here, in Perth.

Do you have a teaching qualification...have you looked into this? I'm sure you will have to do some kind of course (for high schools etc), unless you teach in Tafe...not entirely sure, so any advice would be good.

laters
Yep have done my city and guilds assessors award and have also just completed my certificate of education. is tafe further education?
my quals only allow me to teach in further ed unless i do a degree which im thinking of looking into when we get to oz.
how long you been in oz/perth? whats the cheffing like in perth does it pay well enough to have a decent standard of living?
have got family and friends in perth, some in cottesloe and some in trigg
Peace n that
Dave
Old Sep 4th 2006, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

godfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud of

WEY HEY! after 6 months of gathering information, references, 22 page 15000 word stat dec etc, we have finally posted it off to canberra!
Peace n that
Dave
Well done!!
We are still trying to gather all the info we need as failed the first time-flipping hard to get some of it though!! Are putting togther as much as poss, it's hard for him remembering all of the things he has done and in which kitchens though!!!
Sara x
Old Sep 4th 2006, 5:38 pm
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

Yep have done my city and guilds assessors award and have also just completed my certificate of education. is tafe further education?
my quals only allow me to teach in further ed unless i do a degree which im thinking of looking into when we get to oz.
how long you been in oz/perth? whats the cheffing like in perth does it pay well enough to have a decent standard of living?
Peace n that
Dave
wel all i can say is good luck mate ....we are on the gold coast and i am earning more now as a sous chef than i did in the uk as a head chef .....
so alls good
sir les
Old Sep 5th 2006, 1:38 am
Life is good

Peace n that
Dave

From what I can gather, Taft is like college is in the UK, but don't hold me to it, I've only been here since June. Chefs are definately in demand here, I'm doing a bit of casual work until I decide what I actually want to do. Cottesloe and Trigg are lovely areas, I'm in Fremantle at the minute and it's probably where I will stay.

Let me know when you get here, maybe we can hook up.

laters
Old Sep 5th 2006, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Chef Skills assessment has finally gone!!!!!

Peace n that
Dave
good look mate. what a pain to get all that info .i have had 14 jobs as a chef and that was hard going geting all my references. but all done just waiting for my medicals to come and police checks. that allso is takeing a little longer at the moment .gone from 6 months to 9 months what a pain. we are in limbo at the moment.my uncle does teach catering in perth .but idont speak to him as we fell out when i was last there. but jobs are all over the place .but any more info from the people over there would be good. average head chef wage ?? i want to sort out a resturant to buy after ive been there a couple of years. but still dont know until i get there?
all the best
DAVE