Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

chef, cooks and pastry cooks

chef, cooks and pastry cooks

Old Mar 7th 2009, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice
Default chef, cooks and pastry cooks

Hi there all
I have submitted the visa online in march/2009. and keeping fingers crossed. My planned destination is Melbourne,

I would like all interested to join this thread, to discuss, exchange info about the occupation,
1)To start with how is the demand for cooks/pastry cooks in OZ at the moment with present financial crisis?

2) what is the salary structure for cooks/pastry cooks ?

3) Is it true cooks are going to be removed from MODL ?
Old Mar 7th 2009, 5:55 am
Just Joined

corleone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: chef, cooks and pastry cooks

Originally Posted by shafanm
Hi there all
I have submitted the visa online in march/2009. and keeping fingers crossed. My planned destination is Melbourne,

I would like all interested to join this thread, to discuss, exchange info about the occupation,
1)To start with how is the demand for cooks/pastry cooks in OZ at the moment with present financial crisis?

hi, baker over here...from what i have seen from the internet...they are in very short supply of my occupation...annual pay is only about 40k:curse:
might try to look for somethingelse when already over there
Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there all

No-one can predict what will be on he MODL or removed in the future.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:10 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there all

Seems to be a fair few these types of jobs here on the Gold Coast.

Did you know that a pastry cook here is actually what we call a Confectioner in the UK!!!

Im a qualified Baker, Confectioner & Cake Decorator and I now work as a Cake decorator of Ice Cream cakes, love it! X
Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Im Chef working in WA. Whilst there does seem to be jobs around there are definately nowhere near as many as a couple of months ago. The huge demand for chefs was created by many leaving the trade to go earn big bucks in the mines. now some of those mines have closed there is an increase in the number of chefs coming back to the trade - hence more competition.
salary? well i guess that varies but here a chef de partie is on about $45k, sous chef about $50k.
Good luck with your move