Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheesed off and fed up!!!

Wikiposts

Cheesed off and fed up!!!

Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:42 pm
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cheesed off and fed up!!!

aimed at moi? sacre bleu!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Bit far for a meet up then?
Sadly yes.. wasn't asking her to pop in for a coffee, just offering 'cyber' support
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:28 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
think so but ............ holiday would be nice!!!!

Bloody chancer!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
Bloody chancer!
caught out ....

you know me always up for something if its free!!!!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the wilkinsons
Hi everyone!,
It's been a while since I have been on here.
We have been in Oz now 8 months and things are pretty drab at the minute.
We were burgled on our arrival, hubby made redundant, eldest son gone back to UK in October!
My other son is quite settled howeverhe misses his brother desperatley. I am really trying hard to motivate myself although I am only working a few hours at the moment.
I really love Oz and despite current interest rate rises and house prices soaring I will never give up on this country.
It has been a very hard time and no one said it would be easy. Sometimes I feel that I have lost my family in the UK because they rarely contact me anymore. I have to make the calls, but I guess it was our decision to move, hence we make the calls!
I understand all of that but still feel lost. Hubby goes to work all day leaving me home alone as usual.When he returns and asks have I had a nice day I most times say yes. When he asks what I've been upto I would love to say: been shopping in the city, had lunch on the river with friends, did a shift at work, a thouroughly most enjoyable day! when really I have took little one to school, been ignored, come back washed, ironed, emptied cats litter tray, shopped for tea and then ready for the school run again.
I just wish things were more enjoyable at this moment in time.
In the UK there are lots of family problems and in some ways it is good to be on the other side of the world.
I guess my main upset is missing my 19 year old son. He is my world and I miss him deeply. I hope he comes back later this year but I know things will go pear shaped again because his girl doesn't want to live in Oz.
I also know that he has to live his own life, but is it so wrong of me to want him closer? Financially it is so hard flitting from country to country and hey we need the money due to the wages being rubbish here.
We are renting at the moment and having trouble finding an affordable property. I am sure if I had a place to call home that I would also feel more settled.
Please tell me it will all work out in the longterm.
I will never give up and I have no plans to return to the UK, I just wish things were a little better here

Jane x
Hi Jane,
Quite understand how you feel, and hope thinks get better for you. My children are 17 and 19 and we have been to Brisbane twice before and trying for third time lucky. my eldest has said this time he will not go as he has a girlfriend. Trying hard to convince him to come with us as could not imagine going without him. When the time comes to go, if he will still not come then i have to make that decision to go or not.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:36 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

QUOTE]

Chin up, hopefully time will put you on a progressive upward rather than downward curve.

Dave
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Hi jane

I am hopefully going to be moving to Brisbane (Yatala) or somewhere near there in the next couple of weeks. I would love to meet up for a coffee and chat. Thats if you are near that area. Ask if anyone knows when the next expact meeting is in Brisbane hopefully they will welcome you with open arms hun.
emma
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:22 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jane

Really sorry that you are not having a good time at the mo. Wish I was there to give you a hug. Tell your hubby about your day, as Wendy says he wont know unless you tell him. Are there any clubs or anything that you can join to meet new people? We are here for you.
What area are you? Look on the meet ups and see if theres anything near to you.

Try to keep your spirits up.

Hugs

Joexx
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

the wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nice

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
Hi Jane

Really sorry that you are not having a good time at the mo. Wish I was there to give you a hug. Tell your hubby about your day, as Wendy says he wont know unless you tell him. Are there any clubs or anything that you can join to meet new people? We are here for you.
What area are you? Look on the meet ups and see if theres anything near to you.

Try to keep your spirits up.

Hugs

Joexx
Thanks to everyone on this post!
Your support is fab!
Loads of hugs back to all that looked at this!
Thanks once again!
JW xxxx
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:42 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the wilkinsons
I am not CONCENTRATING on my problems, hey I know sh*t happens. Is your son on the other side of the world? Have you got the t shirt?
bloody hell...he was only trying to be positive!! You ask for support then give grief!! Take a chill pill!!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:45 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyo
bloody hell...he was only trying to be positive!! You ask for support then give grief!! Take a chill pill!!
ah....just read further down!! lol You had used the wrong quote!! Phew..I was thinking we got a jumper here!! lmao!!