Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheesed off and fed up!!!

Wikiposts

Cheesed off and fed up!!!

Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:54 am
Just Joined

the wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nice
Default Cheesed off and fed up!!!

Hi everyone!,
It's been a while since I have been on here.
We have been in Oz now 8 months and things are pretty drab at the minute.
We were burgled on our arrival, hubby made redundant, eldest son gone back to UK in October!
My other son is quite settled howeverhe misses his brother desperatley. I am really trying hard to motivate myself although I am only working a few hours at the moment.
I really love Oz and despite current interest rate rises and house prices soaring I will never give up on this country.
It has been a very hard time and no one said it would be easy. Sometimes I feel that I have lost my family in the UK because they rarely contact me anymore. I have to make the calls, but I guess it was our decision to move, hence we make the calls!
I understand all of that but still feel lost. Hubby goes to work all day leaving me home alone as usual.When he returns and asks have I had a nice day I most times say yes. When he asks what I've been upto I would love to say: been shopping in the city, had lunch on the river with friends, did a shift at work, a thouroughly most enjoyable day! when really I have took little one to school, been ignored, come back washed, ironed, emptied cats litter tray, shopped for tea and then ready for the school run again.
I just wish things were more enjoyable at this moment in time.
In the UK there are lots of family problems and in some ways it is good to be on the other side of the world.
I guess my main upset is missing my 19 year old son. He is my world and I miss him deeply. I hope he comes back later this year but I know things will go pear shaped again because his girl doesn't want to live in Oz.
I also know that he has to live his own life, but is it so wrong of me to want him closer? Financially it is so hard flitting from country to country and hey we need the money due to the wages being rubbish here.
We are renting at the moment and having trouble finding an affordable property. I am sure if I had a place to call home that I would also feel more settled.
Please tell me it will all work out in the longterm.
I will never give up and I have no plans to return to the UK, I just wish things were a little better here

Jane x
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:01 pm
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cheesed off and fed up!!!

Stop concentrating on your problems,forget the negatives and focus on the positive.
Only you can set yourself free.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the wilkinsons
Hi everyone!,
It's been a while since I have been on here.
We have been in Oz now 8 months and things are pretty drab at the minute.
We were burgled on our arrival, hubby made redundant, eldest son gone back to UK in October!
My other son is quite settled howeverhe misses his brother desperatley. I am really trying hard to motivate myself although I am only working a few hours at the moment.
I really love Oz and despite current interest rate rises and house prices soaring I will never give up on this country.
It has been a very hard time and no one said it would be easy. Sometimes I feel that I have lost my family in the UK because they rarely contact me anymore. I have to make the calls, but I guess it was our decision to move, hence we make the calls!
I understand all of that but still feel lost. Hubby goes to work all day leaving me home alone as usual.When he returns and asks have I had a nice day I most times say yes. When he asks what I've been upto I would love to say: been shopping in the city, had lunch on the river with friends, did a shift at work, a thouroughly most enjoyable day! when really I have took little one to school, been ignored, come back washed, ironed, emptied cats litter tray, shopped for tea and then ready for the school run again.
I just wish things were more enjoyable at this moment in time.
In the UK there are lots of family problems and in some ways it is good to be on the other side of the world.
I guess my main upset is missing my 19 year old son. He is my world and I miss him deeply. I hope he comes back later this year but I know things will go pear shaped again because his girl doesn't want to live in Oz.
I also know that he has to live his own life, but is it so wrong of me to want him closer? Financially it is so hard flitting from country to country and hey we need the money due to the wages being rubbish here.
We are renting at the moment and having trouble finding an affordable property. I am sure if I had a place to call home that I would also feel more settled.
Please tell me it will all work out in the longterm.
I will never give up and I have no plans to return to the UK, I just wish things were a little better here

Jane x
jane where are you ????
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Big hugs to you Jane, I know all about missing your son as mine is back there too. It's really difficult isn't it?

When your OH asks what sort of day you have had, tell him the truth - he won't know how you feel unless you tell him. At least then he might be able to help you through it.

What you need to do is look for an expat meet near you and go to it, you will meet people that understand how hard it can be and you never know there might be a new best friend there waiting for you. If there isn't one of them, well then get one going
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by this charming man
Stop concentrating on your problems,forget the negatives and focus on the positive.
Only you can set yourself free.
Oh my goodness.. If only it were that easy..

I really do feel for you.. I too have been here (US) for 8 months and it is hard. I would be devastated if my 18yr old daughter returned back to the UK without us.

I'm VERY slowly starting to put myself 'out there', its very difficult, but i've joined a meetup.com group, and trying to get myself some friends!! I know whats its like to have ANOTHER empty day ahead of you, but i try to keep as positive as I can and try and see this whole experiance as an adventure - not always easy though

If you ever just need a chat or a rant, please feel free to IM me... I haven't got the answers but i'll always have a listening ear

Take care
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

the wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wendy
Big hugs to you Jane, I know all about missing your son as mine is back there too. It's really difficult isn't it?

When your OH asks what sort of day you have had, tell him the truth - he won't know how you feel unless you tell him. At least then he might be able to help you through it.

What you need to do is look for an expat meet near you and go to it, you will meet people that understand how hard it can be and you never know there might be a new best friend there waiting for you. If there isn't one of them, well then get one going
I am not CONCENTRATING on my problems, hey I know sh*t happens. Is your son on the other side of the world? Have you got the t shirt?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the wilkinsons
I am not CONCENTRATING on my problems, hey I know sh*t happens. Is your son on the other side of the world? Have you got the t shirt?
yes wendys son is the uk
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sambapink
Oh my goodness.. If only it were that easy..

I really do feel for you.. I too have been here (US) for 8 months and it is hard. I would be devastated if my 18yr old daughter returned back to the UK without us.

I'm VERY slowly starting to put myself 'out there', its very difficult, but i've joined a meetup.com group, and trying to get myself some friends!! I know whats its like to have ANOTHER empty day ahead of you, but i try to keep as positive as I can and try and see this whole experiance as an adventure - not always easy though

If you ever just need a chat or a rant, please feel free to IM me... I haven't got the answers but i'll always have a listening ear

Take care
where are you ?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
yes wendys son is the uk
It wasn't aimed at me (I don't think )
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

yes wendys son is the uk
I think Jane was responding to 'the charming man' () there... And I'm guessing your asking Jane where she is not me
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Hi it certainly wasn't aimed at you!
I'm in Brisbane.
Thanks for your support love Jane xxxxx
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

no i dont think it was i think it was aimed at cm

no i was actually asking where you were too!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

no i dont think it was i think it was aimed at cm

no i was actually asking where you were too!
Lol sorry got a little confused there.. I'm in California
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sambapink
Lol sorry got a little confused there.. I'm in California

Bit far for a meet up then?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bit far for a meet up then?
think so but ............ holiday would be nice!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.