Reload this Page >

cheer me up or me underpants are going over my head

cheer me up or me underpants are going over my head

Old Apr 9th 2003, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Tracey101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by yvsie
Hi all,

Talking of sitting on contracts..Im gonna do just that!!!!

We have sold our house to our next door neighbours (theirs is much smaller). BUT they havne't sold theirs as yet!!!!!
I'm a bit reluctant to say the least to sign ours and send it back. Having said that Im unsure how legally binding it is until contracts are exchanged??!!...any thoughts??
The reason for not wanting to sign is that IF they don't sell theirs by..say..mid May, we will be putting ours on the market(we didnt before we just told neighbours about pending sale out of courtesy and about oz and basically they said that they wanted it).

Does anyone think Im being mean?????
I think that I may go round to see them tonight and discuss our reasons..it may make them sit up and think about reducing their price asap!!..they were going to anyway but after easter.!!!!!

Don't worry if you sign anything now - it doesn't matter. It will just be held in a file until such time as the other people are also ready to exchange and your solicitor won't exchange until he has spoken to you about it.

Good luck