Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheekys Dilemma HELP!!

Cheekys Dilemma HELP!!

Old Oct 17th 2004, 2:57 pm
Cheeky

Red face Cheekys Dilemma HELP!!

Hi Folks!

Im in need of a bit of reassurance........

Yesterday I started with really bad toothache.....ouch!!

Just been to see a dentist (emergency one cos Im in agony now!) and he suspects in an absess I always have 6 mth dental check ups and I look after my teeth, look...... .......look nice dont they?!!

Anyway the problem is we have our meds on Tues........and me being me I have already filled the forms in. Ive been given antibiotics so now going to have to change forms.....can I do that...I dont know what to do I am even considering putting up with the pain until after Tues but I am climbing the walls, Im in agony!!

HELP anyone please!!!

Thanks in advance!!
Cheeky

PS Back soon!!

Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

ZimBabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheekys Dilemma HELP!!

I dont think an abcess is going to stop you passing a medical! I would take the antibiotics (Cause if you dont you could make things worse!).

When you have your medical just mention in passing that you are taking antibiotics for a tooth abcess, maybe take them with you, and if you are really, really worried or paranoid ask your dentist for a quick note to explain nature of the abcess and when it should be clear.

Dont worry you will be fine, I am sure other people will be able to reassure you as well.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:20 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Hi Folks!

Just been to see a dentist (emergency one cos Im in agony now!) and he suspects in an absess I always have 6 mth dental check ups and I look after my teeth, look...... .......look nice dont they?!!

Anyway the problem is we have our meds on Tues........and me being me I have already filled the forms in. Ive been given antibiotics so now going to have to change forms.....can I do that...I dont know what to do I am even considering putting up with the pain until after Tues but I am climbing the walls, Im in agony!!

HELP anyone please!!!

Thanks in advance!!
Cheeky

PS Back soon!!
Leave the forms as they are and ring the place where your having your medicals in the morning [oops monday morning] for advise
Don't worry I'm sure you can still have the meds but you may have to give another sample after the treatment
Old Oct 17th 2004, 4:48 pm
Cheeky

Thanks guys!!!

Cresta 57

I think I will ring the med place tomorrow.....tell em what Ive done. Just worried it will look really bad if I start changing the forms, I dont want any probs. They can have as many 'samples' as they like, thats no prob!!

ZimBabe

Good idea I will get a letter from my dentist, that will explain things, thanks!! And I will take the antibiotics with me as well!!

Thanks again for your support!!
Cheeky

Old Oct 17th 2004, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

Hi Folks!

HELP anyone please!!!

Thanks in advance!!
Cheeky

PS Back soon!!

Cheeky,
Dont worry - it should not be a problem at all ( I cant think why it would be at all! I am Pharmacist and the hubby is a Dentist and he cannot see a problem at all!)

Chill and dont panic otherwise you may have high blood pressure due to this panic!!
Old Oct 17th 2004, 5:48 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by salonit
Chill and dont panic otherwise you may have high blood pressure due to this panic!!
:scared:

Cheeky,

Can't help with your dilema, but can send you a hug via the ether!!

Last thing you need, isn't it? Sorry, wish I could be of some help.

Let us know how you get on (and I hope the antibiotics work for you!).

Take care

D D
Attached Images  
Old Oct 17th 2004, 6:09 pm
Cheeky

Hi Salonit!!

Thanks for this, youve put my mind at rest! Just concerned cos I want everything perfect at the meds, no 'hiccups' or anything!!

I think I may need to fill in a new med form for myself but as long as it explains everything it should be ok.

Thanks guys for your support,
Cheeky

Originally Posted by salonit
Cheeky,
Dont worry - it should not be a problem at all ( I cant think why it would be at all! I am Pharmacist and the hubby is a Dentist and he cannot see a problem at all!)

Old Oct 17th 2004, 6:31 pm
Cheeky

Hi DD,

Thanks for the pm!! Sent ya one back!

And thanks for the hug Aww!!

Its all cos Ive been in training ya know......remember the Oz women who catch fish with their teeth??!!!!

(Just a joke I havent really, HONEST!! )

You take care too! thanks for your good wishes,
Cheeky!!

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream

Cheeky,

Can't help with your dilema, but can send you a hug via the ether!!

Last thing you need, isn't it? Sorry, wish I could be of some help.

Let us know how you get on (and I hope the antibiotics work for you!).

Take care

D D

Old Oct 17th 2004, 7:17 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi DD,

Thanks for the pm!! Sent ya one back!

And thanks for the hug Aww!!

Its all cos Ive been in training ya know......remember the Oz women who catch fish with their teeth??!!!!

(Just a joke I havent really, HONEST!! )

You take care too! thanks for your good wishes,
Cheeky!!

Aww poor Cheeky!
Overdone the jaw exercises over the weekend eh?! ;O

Good luck with yer meds,
Donna x
Old Oct 17th 2004, 8:06 pm
Cheeky

Hi Donna!

Fraid so!!

Thanks for the good luck!!

I will smile like this on Tue.....

Cheers, Cheeky!!

Originally Posted by madsad
Aww poor Cheeky!

Good luck with yer meds,
Donna x

Old Oct 17th 2004, 9:09 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Aww poor Cheeky!

Good luck with yer meds,
Donna x
Dona=na

Who'd a thought it, eh???

D D
Old Oct 17th 2004, 10:24 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Donna!
Old Oct 18th 2004, 7:31 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

Donna!
Sorry DONNA!!

No idea waht hapenned theere, tiredd i gueess!!!!

(or momentary bout of dyslexia)

D D