Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheeky request from you sparks out there

Cheeky request from you sparks out there

Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:02 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Cheeky request from you sparks out there

Dunno if any of you lovely sparks out there can help me... BUT...as some of you may or may not know my OH is a spark currently going through the whole licencing sh*te here in QLD.

my request is....have any of you out there got this book in PDF format that you'd be kind enough to share with us:

AS/NZS 3008.1.1:1998 : Electrical installations - Selection of cables

I know....its really cheeky but it's worth all the karma I can give!!!!!

Petra........forever hopeful!!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheeky request from you sparks out there

Originally Posted by artep
Dunno if any of you lovely sparks out there can help me... BUT...as some of you may or may not know my OH is a spark currently going through the whole licencing sh*te here in QLD.

my request is....have any of you out there got this book in PDF format that you'd be kind enough to share with us:

If I did, I would gladly give it to you.

Just bumping you up in the hope someone might see you and help. Huzza is a sparks too and will be doing the same when we get out there (hopefully end of year and same area!) and might call on advice/help too x

Vics xxx
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:13 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vic&jase
If I did, I would gladly give it to you.

Just bumping you up in the hope someone might see you and help. Huzza is a sparks too and will be doing the same when we get out there (hopefully end of year and same area!) and might call on advice/help too x

Vics xxx
cheers for the bump!!! if I can help at all...gimmie a shout
Old Feb 6th 2006, 9:37 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

cheers for the bump!!! if I can help at all...gimmie a shout

Can't help but someone out there might.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jul 8th 2006, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Hi can you expand on the licencing problem you are having as there are a few sparks sorting out their TRA and licencing stuff,and any pointers on getting the licence would be great.we have a forum on here just for electricians if you wouldn't mind posting on there.
Cheers John
Old Jul 8th 2006, 7:46 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Cheeky request from you sparks out there

Click here for some trade information that you may find useful, such as license info, proving your qualifications, registering as an electrician, etc. and even some handy tips for the practical examination!

It was posted by an ex-pat sparky and applies to Western Australia, but I imagine that the general principles will be nation-wide.

And who knows - if you contact the geezer who wrote that post, he might even have a copy of the book you're looking for!
Old Jul 8th 2006, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

time is an unknown quantity at this point

Just do a google search for it! I found it straight away.
try www.standards.com.au/PDFTemp/ Previews/OSH/As/as3000/3000/300811.pdf
pm me if you are having any problems.
Old Jul 8th 2006, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

time is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by time
Just do a google search for it! I found it straight away.
try www.standards.com.au/PDFTemp/ Previews/OSH/As/as3000/3000/300811.pdf
pm me if you are having any problems.
Oh! sorry about that. I just noticed that it is only a preview!
Old Jul 9th 2006, 1:05 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

It is available to buy in the pdf format you want for $96.84 on this link: http://www.saiglobal.com/shop/script...=stds000017409
Old Jul 10th 2006, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

May i make a comment regarding the Licensing of sparks in Australia, regardless of what qualifications he may have from the Uk he will have to do a 12 week course at the TAFE (college) in the evenings to gain the A class license.
Before you come have a chat to the overseas licensing division in London and they may give you a B class restricted license then you can book into the college and do the A class it will save you lots of waisted time and effort.
i was awarded a B class before i left the UK and have since done the A class and the contractors license.

The whole licensing setup have just been revised in Australia, there is a 4 hours exam regardless of which state you are in its broken down into sections, part A a written exam part B a practical exam & fault finding on a faults board, part C fault finding of an installation then testing of an installation (there will be faults).
then the next part is a procedure of disconnection of an appliance and reconnect of the same appliance its the actual procedure in this one they are looking for. In Victoria its the worst of the lot very hard to pass why Ive n0o frigging idea.

But the whole day is a nightmare i can assure you of that, they put you under pressure from the start and you feel like you have been pulled from pillar to post.

you must do the 12 week course to stand any chance of passing that will cost you about $600.00 then the exam will cost about $200.00 dollars then you have to pay for the A class license when you pass $250.00 per year then if you want to work for yourself you have to do the electrical contractors license another 10 week course in the evenings $600.00
The after all that you need indemnity insurance that will cost another $500.00 or so for cover of $5,000.000.00 (5 million)

As i say the exam is hard, and thats only due the people running it all they seem to get a kick out of failing people, if you need help please do ask, i can run you through most of the exam even thought its changed, especially the faults board and the testing thats very different, the disconnect & reconnect of the appliance is step by step if you stuff up one part then you are gone for the entire days exams, you resit.

go to this website and download the trial exam.
http://www.epicitb.com/electro/lem.html

scroll down to the bottom of the page and download this paper.
LETSampleExam.doc (531 KB)

PS there is no actual pdf file for any exams or books he will have to purchase them but he will get them at a decent price when he signs for the evening course.

regards

Arthur
Old Jul 10th 2006, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Before you come have a chat to the overseas licensing division in London and they may give you a B class restricted license then you can book into the college and do the A class it will save you lots of waisted time and effort.
i was awarded a B class before i left the UK and have since done the A class and the contractors license.
Hi Arthur,Do you have a contact numer or website for this lot? Who runs its ?
Cheers John N
Old Jul 10th 2006, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

John, im sorry mate i dont have the no now but if you ask for the trade recognition dept then have a chat with them, as i said before it does not matter what quals you have you will still have to do the frigging A class license

arthur
Old Jul 10th 2006, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
John, im sorry mate i dont have the no now but if you ask for the trade recognition dept then have a chat with them, as i said before it does not matter what quals you have you will still have to do the frigging A class license

arthur
do you mean TRA in London?
Old Jul 10th 2006, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

they may have changed there name now in london sorry if i confused you at all

art
Old Jul 10th 2006, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
they may have changed there name now in london sorry if i confused you at all

art

I think its me Art,I have been on night shift so brain not working.You mean it is/was though TRA in London that you got you B licence,and they could have changed their name?
John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.