Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheapest way to ship belongings back to Europe?

Cheapest way to ship belongings back to Europe?

Old Jan 18th 2011, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

clothmama will become famous soon enough
Default Cheapest way to ship belongings back to Europe?

We have decided to return to France and I'm really struggling to find the best way to ship our stuff. We used excess Baggage both times we came out here but I can't find an equivalent to get us back. We dont' want to take furniture etc so it will only be small freezer, dishwasher adn around 50 boxes.

We are in Hervey Bay (north of Brissie) so coudl hire a van to get stuff to the port. We have even talked about buying a container (I think this will be too hard though) OR a big trailer and filling that.

Has anyone got any thoughts / ideas or suggestions please??
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cheapest way to ship belongings back to Europe?

Originally Posted by clothmama
We have decided to return to France and I'm really struggling to find the best way to ship our stuff. We used excess Baggage both times we came out here but I can't find an equivalent to get us back. We dont' want to take furniture etc so it will only be small freezer, dishwasher adn around 50 boxes.

We are in Hervey Bay (north of Brissie) so coudl hire a van to get stuff to the port. We have even talked about buying a container (I think this will be too hard though) OR a big trailer and filling that.

I just used excess baggage from Sydney to London 3 months ago they have agents in Australia.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Oops silly me I didnt' realise and probably discounted on my google searches even if I did see them! Did you find them a lot more going that way?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

Kristar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clothmama

You could try Bishops Move, they specialize in international removals and you can get a free quote from their site. http://residential.bishopsmove.com/m...ally/index.htm
Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:29 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's all a bit out of context seeing you on here, Mrs.

Soupdragon
Old Jan 19th 2011, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Well it's all a bit out of context seeing you on here, Mrs.

Soupdragon
I do get around you know But is your username a true indication of origin for you??

For interest for sakes, I've had a quote for 5m3 for $1490 from Maroochydore (so we'd have to run it down in a van) to port at Le Harve. I'm thinking this is pretty good???? Or is it not? Compared to the $14,000 I heard a friend payed for 2 40ft containers I think it is OK???
Old Jan 19th 2011, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kristar
You could try Bishops Move, they specialize in international removals and you can get a free quote from their site. http://residential.bishopsmove.com/m...ally/index.htm
Thanks Kristar I'll go and have a look!