Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

cheapest way to call oZ-visa versa

cheapest way to call oZ-visa versa

Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Smile cheapest way to call oZ-visa versa

hi,
i am moving to oz in 2 weeks and was wondering what the cheapest way to call oz from the UK is (for my family/friends.) Also, r there any cheap ways of calling uk from oz.
cheers for any help
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:37 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: cheapest way to call oZ-visa versa

Phone cards are the way to go.

http://www.phonecardselector.com.au/...tomer/home.php

Don't give Telstra or Optus etc your money.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:49 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

or if you've both got internet access invest in a microphone and some headphones and download www.skype.com

It's free!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:53 pm
Sunshine Coast wannabe

shortyanddebbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure about calling the UK from Oz (seems to be phonecards), but we phone our family in Oz via Ratebusters or Telediscount.
http://www.ratebuster.co.uk/index.php
Currently 1p per minute for a landline call and 18p per minute for a call to a mobile,
or
http://www.telediscount.co.uk/index2.php
Currently 1p per minute for landline call and 13p per minute for call to a mobile.
We have used these providers for about a year now and they have saved us plenty! All you do is dial the access number (it does change every now and then, so its best to check), and the charge comes on your BT bill.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:02 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by threlly
hi,
i am moving to oz in 2 weeks and was wondering what the cheapest way to call oz from the UK is (for my family/friends.) Also, r there any cheap ways of calling uk from oz.
cheers for any help

Get 2 tin cans, put a small hole in the bottom of the cans, cut some fishing line about 10500 miles long tie each end to the cans, pull realy tight and talk.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:15 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

hi,
cheers for any help
go to 18866.com

costs 1p a min to call Oz. (2p flagfall/connection)
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Reverse the charges
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:18 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Onetel (UK & Aus)
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:46 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: cheapest way to call oZ-visa versa

Originally Posted by Stormz
Onetel (UK & Aus)
We use Onetel too. Its OK and the costs are reasonable I suppose.

Whats Skype like?

We have used Netmeeting with the webcams, thats OK for a while but gets a bit weird after a while.

R.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:49 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

For the net, we tend to use Eyeball chat. Used to use Paltalk but Eyeball is free and pretty good. Lot`s of ppl use MS Messenger, but I`m not a big fan of MS s/w so never tried it.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough

We used to use Onetell but then discovered telediscount at that has been fantastic, I mean calling Oz for the price of a local call !

Don't think it's as cheap from Oz back to the UK though.

Phil
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:07 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormz
Onetel (UK & Aus)
We use one-tel too, UK-Oz
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:09 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: cheapest way to call oZ-visa versa

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
We use one-tel too, UK-Oz
Hey, new avatar eh!

Thanks for helping the wife earlier. She is out for the evening but will be emailing you some thanks tomorrow i'm sure.

R.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

mamichelle is on a distinguished road

hi,
cheers for any help
I can't be bothered with phone cards but I use AAPT to call the UK. I think it is pretty cheap $1.98 for 30 mins. We only use it to make a few calls home and interstate, to family over here, a month but this months phone bill only came to $32 with $27 being line rental. www.aapt.com.au

From mobiles Vodaphone do $3 for 10 mins which is good I think - most useful when calling from the beach on Christmas day.....
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carruss
We use Onetel too. Its OK and the costs are reasonable I suppose.

Whats Skype like?

We have used Netmeeting with the webcams, thats OK for a while but gets a bit weird after a while.

R.
Skype is very good. With Dialup it is flaky @ times. With Broadband it is very good. Remember the free edition is from computer to computer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.