Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheapest way to call Oz from UK?

Wikiposts

Cheapest way to call Oz from UK?

Old Nov 29th 2005, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheapest way to call Oz from UK?

In my opinion the best way to call anywhere in the world is to use this link. With this you just eneter the country you want to call and it gives you the cheapest connection. I use it all the time and they do vary from discount caller to caller and country. One is NOT always the cheapest to all countries. The only drawback is the long number you have to dial first but still 1p to mobiles in some places cant be bad!!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/callchecker/

Last edited by DerekM; Nov 29th 2005 at 6:33 am. Reason: missed the link!
Old Nov 29th 2005, 6:37 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pogsy
Skype is only free to other computers though isn't it ??
Yes.

If you have a computer use it I say.

Saves you paying for phone calls
Old Nov 29th 2005, 6:45 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I use swiftcall cards. if you buy a £20 one it has £25 worth of calls on it. They do expire after about 90 days so you need to keep up on the calls to use them up

Susan
Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Greg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Paul2004
Ok, I need to make quite a lot of calls to Oz from the UK, and am sure I can pay less than with my phone provider going direct ?!

I'm with the dreaded NTL and I know when I looked into this last time, it was cheaper to use my mobile phone (Orange network) than use my home phone! ...lol.

Prices might have changed since, but I'm sure it was 35p per min with NTL, and 30p per min with Orange.

Anyway, does anyone know if there is any cards you can buy, or numbers you can call b4 you connect like in Oz, and get a discounted rate?

Much appreciate any pointers on this one! ...
We are with NTL, and for either £2 / month or free, depending on your package, it is only 5p/minute to Oz
Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:44 am
is the donut hole

fnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by alrobson
We use telediscount all the while.
As an added bonus, if you have a mobile from O2 on a monthly tariff, telediscount calls are included in your free minutes.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 4:35 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

There is also Telesavers which is a penny a minute:-

http://www.telesavers.co.uk/

Lorraine