Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheapest way to call Australia

Cheapest way to call Australia

Old Jul 14th 2007, 4:50 pm
jmc
Midlands to Mornington

jmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to all
Default Cheapest way to call Australia

I have a friend in Australia that i call on a regular basis, land line to land line but is expensive does anyone no of cheap calls ?

Lou
Old Jul 14th 2007, 5:13 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all
Default Re: Cheapest way to call Australia

Originally Posted by jmc
I have a friend in Australia that i call on a regular basis, land line to land line but is expensive does anyone no of cheap calls ?

Lou
I know talk talk are doing something at the moment where you get free anytime calls to local and national and some international(includes OZ) line rental and braodband for £35ish pounds a month. You can be on the phone for 59mins and then put the phone down and call back and it is included in the price.
Look on thier website.
I have been looking fo rmy Mum before we go so she can call us. Have you tried skype or MSN?
Old Jul 14th 2007, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

rubydoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we ring a few different contries including Australia using Telediscount. Australia costs 1p/min. Google telediscount and follow the directions.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 6:41 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmc

Lou
If you have broadband and so do your friends then use Skype via the internet its free
Old Jul 14th 2007, 7:01 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, i agree, useSkype. I ring my mate using it and also Marks mum when shes in Florida.

Joex
Old Jul 14th 2007, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

tony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud of

If you aint got, or don't want Skype, then try:

www.telediscount.com

1p per minute to Australia at all times (after BT'S typical 4p Connection Charge) Just dial the prefix number then the number you want to call in Oz. Checked my bill and can confirm no hidden charges

Tony

oops..sorry just seen it mentioned above :embaressed_smile:
Old Jul 14th 2007, 10:08 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

My mom uses a card that she gets from the post office not sure how much it costs though but seems impresssed with it C x
Old Jul 15th 2007, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of

We rang england the other day from skype on our laptop to a uk land line, it cost 6p for an hour.

Bargain.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
I know talk talk are doing something at the moment where you get free anytime calls to local and national and some international(includes OZ) line rental and braodband for £35ish pounds a month. You can be on the phone for 59mins and then put the phone down and call back and it is included in the price.
Look on thier website.
I have been looking fo rmy Mum before we go so she can call us. Have you tried skype or MSN?
Yep, my parents use this to call me in Australia. It is great quality and they can call for an hour before they have to put the phone down and redial and the calls are free once you are set up
Old Jul 15th 2007, 2:28 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmc

Lou
www.jajah.com
Dial from the web page, talk on a normal phone, if both parties are registered the call are fee ('X' mins per month) then 0.019p per min after that.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

sharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the rough

We use phone cheap oz is 1p a minute. 0844 861 38 38 and follow the prompts.

lots of other countries look up ther web site

sharon
Old Jul 15th 2007, 10:29 am
jmc
Midlands to Mornington

jmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to all

Thanks for all your quick replies, just used TeleDiscount really good just chatted for over 1 hour but only cost me 60p.

lou .
Old Jul 15th 2007, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Ann & Paul is a jewel in the roughAnn & Paul is a jewel in the roughAnn & Paul is a jewel in the roughAnn & Paul is a jewel in the roughAnn & Paul is a jewel in the rough

Try this site, 0.5p per minute to an Australian land line. Used it several times, easy to use and reliable.

www.discountdial.co.uk
Old Jul 15th 2007, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi

Other than all the other good suggestions we use Go talk and have done for many years. We like it because it is cheap and you pre-pay up front and whe your credit is gone it is gone.
http://www.gotalk.co.uk

Hope this helps
Old Jul 15th 2007, 9:44 pm
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Watty'n'Arls
Hi

Other than all the other good suggestions we use Go talk and have done for many years. We like it because it is cheap and you pre-pay up front and whe your credit is gone it is gone.
http://www.gotalk.co.uk

Hope this helps
Looked at the TALKTALK one and its £29.99 connection fee but If your with BT, ask for 'International Add-On' It costs £1.00 per month and all calls abroad are charged a 3 pence and hour. This is nice and straight forward for all the Mums Grannies & Uncles who are technophobes.

Di

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.