Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

cheapest time to fly to aus??

cheapest time to fly to aus??

Old Mar 31st 2009, 6:28 am
Account Closed

carteruk1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cheapest time to fly to aus??

Hiya, anyone know when the cheapest months to fly to australia are?? or if there are any cheaper times, thanks, claire
Old Mar 31st 2009, 7:52 am
Wherever I lay my hat...

alborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nice
Default Re: cheapest time to fly to aus??

Originally Posted by carteruk1
Hiya, anyone know when the cheapest months to fly to australia are?? or if there are any cheaper times, thanks, claire
I think it is during our summer because it coincides with their winter. Look at this website. It should give you an idea.

http://www.cheapflights.co.uk/
Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:49 am
Account Closed

carteruk1 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanx for that, will have a look. claire
Old Mar 31st 2009, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

TandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant future

Actually prices go up in July to mid August as thats a popular time to visit oz as thats when it is cooler, plus school holidays on in uk.

I have found cheapest months April to June.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:01 am
Wherever I lay my hat...

alborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nice

Sorry. You are absolutely correct. I should have said Early summer which is up to end of June. Peak Summer is expensive regardless of where you go.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

TandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant future

no worries!

If you can't fly before end of June, I would wait till midway though August as prices start going down again from about 16th August. Thats what I have found with my research anyway. We had planned on going mid July, but are now going late August as prices are cheaper!
Old Mar 31st 2009, 2:34 pm
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

I heard Christmas Day was supposed to be the cheapest day to fly?
Old Mar 31st 2009, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

well not on the flight websites ive just checked. About £150 more then if you flew end of August.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 3:29 pm
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TandC23
well not on the flight websites ive just checked. About £150 more then if you flew end of August.

Dont know what your comparing it to but I just did a quick search

Flying Christmas Day 1 Adult One Way £477 London Heathrow to Perth with Cathay Pacific

http://www.netflights.com/flights/fa...PER&refid=nfcf
Old Mar 31st 2009, 10:03 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perksy
Dont know what your comparing it to but I just did a quick search

Flying Christmas Day 1 Adult One Way £477 London Heathrow to Perth with Cathay Pacific

http://www.netflights.com/flights/fa...PER&refid=nfcf
yeah One Way! You can get returns for not much more than that at their cheapest. From mid November all the way through to mid January is through the roof
Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:06 pm
Cad and bounder

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
yeah One Way! You can get returns for not much more than that at their cheapest. From mid November all the way through to mid January is through the roof
The OP never said anything about buying a return ticket. They asked about flights TO Australia
Old Apr 1st 2009, 3:29 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

The OP never said anything about buying a return ticket. They asked about flights TO Australia
my point was was that price is not cheap
Old Apr 1st 2009, 3:51 am
Cad and bounder

my point was was that price is not cheap
I beg to differ. One way adult price to Perth under £480 is very cheap especially with a non-budget airline. I would love you know where you can find anything cheaper. Other than AirAsia (which are budget) I think you'll struggle to beat that price
Old Apr 1st 2009, 6:01 am
I'm Old Gregg!

I beg to differ. One way adult price to Perth under £480 is very cheap especially with a non-budget airline. I would love you know where you can find anything cheaper. Other than AirAsia (which are budget) I think you'll struggle to beat that price
first search I did on lastminute.co.uk for departure tomorrow showed 462 quid flying with Emirates (not cheap). That would suggest to me that you could find cheaper if you dig a little more
Old Apr 1st 2009, 6:15 am
Cad and bounder

first search I did on lastminute.co.uk for departure tomorrow showed 462 quid flying with Emirates (not cheap). That would suggest to me that you could find cheaper if you dig a little more
Are you telling me porkies? My search showed no flights with Emirates using the example above

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.