Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheapest removal companies

Cheapest removal companies

Old Jul 19th 2003, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Cheapest removal companies

We have had 2 quotes for a sole use 20ft to Brisabne.

John Masons and Doree Bonner gave almost identical quotes £3215.

The Doree Bonner guy told us he would be open to bringing the price down if we found a cheaper quote. The trouble is which companies are likely to give me cheaper quotes than these two?

I need to get a cheaper quote so I can do a bit of bartering!!

Any ideas appreciated.

Tina x
Old Jul 19th 2003, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Hi Tina

We're only taking about 200 cubic feet but the cheapest quote we managed to find was with 'Excess International Movers' - they're members of all the relevant associations BAR etc. Their telephone no. is 020 8324 2057 web address is www.overseasremovals.com

I would be interested to see how they compare?

Good luck
Old Jul 19th 2003, 9:45 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest removal companies

Originally posted by tinaj

The Doree Bonner guy told us he would be open to bringing the price down if we found a cheaper quote. The trouble is which companies are likely to give me cheaper quotes than these two?

Any ideas appreciated.

Tina x
Try excess, a good company get an online quote.......... MM
Old Jul 20th 2003, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cheapest removal companies

Originally posted by tinaj

Any ideas appreciated.

Tina x

Has anyone else got any quotes for a 20 ft conatiner? Any other cheaper companies out there?
Old Jul 20th 2003, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

We had four quotes, John Mason, Allied Pickfords, Whites and PSS. PSS were under £3000 for a sole use 20 foot container. The others were between £3400 and £3700.
Santa
Old Jul 20th 2003, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Santa I think I will give PSS a ring.

T