Reload this Page >

Cheapest haulage

Cheapest haulage

Old Jan 1st 2009, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

stewburt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheapest haulage

Hi,
We're moving ourselves and furniture from the UK to Canberra in March and need to know what's the cheapest way to get the furniture out there.

Can anyone recommend a good low cost haulage company?
I met someone who'd moved a 20 foot container for 4500 gbp, but surely it can be done cheaper with international shipping rates now at a low level?

Thanks
Stewart
Old Jan 1st 2009, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cheapest haulage

Originally Posted by stewburt
Hi,
We're moving ourselves and furniture from the UK to Canberra in March and need to know what's the cheapest way to get the furniture out there.

I met someone who'd moved a 20 foot container for 4500 gbp, but surely it can be done cheaper with international shipping rates now at a low level?

Thanks
Stewart
Hi there
Firstly, congratulations and good luck with the move.
We are heading for Gold Coast and were quoted £2500 plus insurance, (approximately £300 I think) to take most of the contents of our 3 bed semi and garage.
We got a couple of quotes and haggled with price of the company that we wanted to use. We favoured them over the others as they have an office in Brisbane.

www.crownrelo.com

We also got a quote from

www.whiteandcompany.co.uk

Good luck
Old Jan 1st 2009, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
Stewart
£4500 for a 20 foot container is a bit steep!
Old Jan 1st 2009, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

mordechaivanunu is an unknown quantity at this point

We paid around 4500 for a 40 foot container from Southampton to Brisbane with White and Co (don't go with the quoted price haggle a bit i got off around 10% no problems).
Old Jan 1st 2009, 8:45 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

but surely it can be done cheaper with international shipping rates now at a low level?

Thanks
Stewart
Not too sure where this has come about? I heard shippers (especially from Asia) are working flat out sending expats back
Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

vickiejaynem will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Not too sure where this has come about? I heard shippers (especially from Asia) are working flat out sending expats back
hi i got quote from crown and it was steep 2