Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Calling all Brisbane Brummie's

Calling all Brisbane Brummie's

Old Aug 24th 2006, 4:43 am
Just Joined

ozbrum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calling all Brisbane Brummie's

Are there any Brummie's out there that would be interested in getting together for social days/nights out?
Old Aug 25th 2006, 1:17 pm
disability worker

shazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling all Brisbane Brummie's

Originally Posted by ozbrum
Are there any Brummie's out there that would be interested in getting together for social days/nights out?
sorry i am in Melbourne but i am a brummie
i have meet 2 other brummies in Melbourne and its grate hope you find some in Brisbane if not you can chat to me as much as you like
where in brum was you from i was from ward end then moved to tipton/Dudley
Old Aug 25th 2006, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shazmac
sorry i am in Melbourne but i am a brummie
i have meet 2 other brummies in Melbourne and its grate hope you find some in Brisbane if not you can chat to me as much as you like
where in brum was you from i was from ward end then moved to tipton/Dudley
Hi shazmac, Glad you have meet some brummies in melbourne.
I grew up in northfield but then lived mainly in moseley. All my family are still living in northfield.
It would be great to chat to you online. will talk to you soon
ta ra
Old Aug 26th 2006, 5:22 am
disability worker

shazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozbrum
Hi shazmac, Glad you have meet some brummies in melbourne.
I grew up in northfield but then lived mainly in moseley. All my family are still living in northfield.
It would be great to chat to you online. will talk to you soon
ta ra
any time you want to chat
I have family in Northfield ivy house rd
well if ever you come to Melbourne give me a email we can meet up
have you been in oz long
we came in Jan
Old Aug 28th 2006, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Hi Ozbrum,

Hows it going?

We too are Brummies!!! I grew up in Frankley just down the road from Northfield!!! I used to work in Curtess Shoe shop in Northfield when I was at school on a saturday so know the place really well. Do you remember the Dingle pub?? Travellers Rest? The Black Horse I used to do plenty of underage boozing in these and hanging round with my mates in The Grosvenor Centre. I met my OH in Frankley, he grew up there too. I bet we know some of the same people I used to spend alot of time in Cheverton Road and The Beeches Pub years ago. Still got a lot of friends and family over there MIL still lives in Frankley and got good friends in Northfield. I went to Bournville School, hubs went to Frankley High School.

We have been in Brissy now 7 weeks and love it, we have two kiddies boy (8) girl (3) We are in Forest Lake at the mo renting looking for somewhere to buy eventually. It would be great to meet up just let us know we'll be there.

So hope to hear from you soon.

Sadie
Old Aug 29th 2006, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The S's
Hi Ozbrum,

Hows it going?

We too are Brummies!!! I grew up in Frankley just down the road from Northfield!!! I used to work in Curtess Shoe shop in Northfield when I was at school on a saturday so know the place really well. Do you remember the Dingle pub?? Travellers Rest? The Black Horse I used to do plenty of underage boozing in these and hanging round with my mates in The Grosvenor Centre. I met my OH in Frankley, he grew up there too. I bet we know some of the same people I used to spend alot of time in Cheverton Road and The Beeches Pub years ago. Still got a lot of friends and family over there MIL still lives in Frankley and got good friends in Northfield. I went to Bournville School, hubs went to Frankley High School.

We have been in Brissy now 7 weeks and love it, we have two kiddies boy (8) girl (3) We are in Forest Lake at the mo renting looking for somewhere to buy eventually. It would be great to meet up just let us know we'll be there.

Sadie
Hi Sadie, Wow......we are bound to know some of the same people. I'm from westcliff place....it's off wasdale rd.....just around the corner from cheverton. most of the places that you have hung about in i have too. I also went to bournville school.....left in 1989.....i'm 33 now. also i too did lots of underage drinking at the blackhorse,the stone and the travellers.....i was gutted when i went home for a visit and saw that the traveller's had been knocked down.
I met my aussie partner in brum 11 years ago. we moved over here nearly 5 years ago and love it. it would be great to meet up with you both. I have only ever met 1 brummie since moving here and that was at a UB40 concert....LOL......I wonder why??......LOL
We live on the northside at kallangur. I will be in touch again over the weekend. maybe we can chat online and exchange emails addresses.
ta ra a bit
Yvonne
Old Aug 29th 2006, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shazmac
any time you want to chat
I have family in Northfield ivy house rd
well if ever you come to Melbourne give me a email we can meet up
have you been in oz long
we came in Jan
hi shazmac,
please read my reply to sadie to see where i am from in brum. I don't know where Ivy house rd is but i will ask my mom when i speak to her.
we have some friends that have just moved down to melbourne and we they have sttled in we would like to come down that way. it would be great to catch up when we do. in the meantime we should try and arrange to chat online. would be grat to be in touch wth a fellow brummie.
ta ra a bit
yvonne
Old Aug 29th 2006, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

IME IN FOREST LAKE BUT AM NOT A BRUMMY BUT A GEORDIE
Old Aug 30th 2006, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Hi Ozbrum, I've sent you a pm.

Originally Posted by wintersgills
Hi Wintersgills, Good to hear theres more of us Brits in Forest Lake, everyone keeps saying F Lake is full of new Brits I can honestly say I haven't bumped into many here. I've met a few in The Hotel up at the shopping centre, we seem to live in there!! and The Lions Soccer Club do you ever go to these places. We're trying to find a proper pub with the pubby atmosphere rather than a restauranty feel at the moment, been told the closest is The Pig and Whistle in indooroopilly!!!

Sadie
xx
Old Aug 30th 2006, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Hello i,m also a Brummie and live on the Gold coast. Grew up in Castle Bromwich and then move away from the nest to Yardley. Two kids and better half who is a Yam Yam. We have a few friends on the GC and a mate from school who lives in Brisbane who are from our neck of the woods and and also know some more coming over soon. All the best Quill
Old Aug 30th 2006, 1:25 pm
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karenjc
Hello i,m also a Brummie and live on the Gold coast. Grew up in Castle Bromwich and then move away from the nest to Yardley. Two kids and better half who is a Yam Yam. We have a few friends on the GC and a mate from school who lives in Brisbane who are from our neck of the woods and and also know some more coming over soon. All the best Quill
OMG - A bunch of Brummies in a Brisbane Boozer :scared:

Say that when you've had a couple - We are from Brum - and hope Yam are all OK

The OH
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

hi Ss go to the hotel quit a lot u will be amazed ow many brits there are in forest lake we had a barbi at our house a few months ago we were full up with brits funny like all the accents you will proberbly bump into kyle up the hotel he lives there when he is ot at home
Old Sep 5th 2006, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

brasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The S's
Hi Ozbrum,

Hows it going?

Sadie
Hi! I am originally from Northfield and my best mate worked as a saturday girl in Curtess shoe shop but that was in the 80's (how old am I now?) I had a Saturday job in Macdonalds opposite. Lived in Sylvan Avenue, off the Bristol Road between Quarry Lane and Great Stone Road. Everyone in my street went to Bournville school(about 6 different families) we were the good catholics(not) who went to St Bridgids in Frankley Beeches Road and the went to Archies school in West Heath. Living on the Sunshine Coast for almost 2 years. Real blast from the past hearing about Northfield...my mom still lives there in the same street and the same house. Cant seem to find the same sort of pubs the number 61/62/63 buses used to take me to...dont know whether that is good or bad. Maggie x
Old Nov 28th 2006, 3:52 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by wintersgills
And a thieving Geordie at that. Get yer own bleedin Avatar you imposter.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 6:24 am
Just Joined

addadd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi another brummie here living on gold coast varsity lakes if anyone fancies abeer somtime
add

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.