Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which is the cheapest car insurance

Which is the cheapest car insurance

Old Apr 21st 2010, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Which is the cheapest car insurance

Someone help I am fed up of filling in quotes.Best so far is justcar insurance.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Which is the cheapest car insurance

different for everyone, depends on the car & its age, the drivers sex, age & driving history and the postcode where you live and how its parked.

If you want the cheapest quote there is no option but to spend the time looking
Old Apr 21st 2010, 11:06 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone wll have a different answer to this one. I've seen before people say 'x' is the cheapest when 'x' gave me my most expensive quote...unfortunately they only way you'll find out is by filling out all those quote requests!

Oh and I'm currently with Bingle, who for me were by far the cheapest.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyp
Someone help I am fed up of filling in quotes.Best so far is justcar insurance.

Just be careful, as everything in life you get what you pay for!!
Old Apr 21st 2010, 12:42 pm
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

They may not be the cheapest, but they didn't mind paying out for me when they could have found some excuses - AMMI.com.au
Old Apr 21st 2010, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

scaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to all

So..don't want to derail the topic, but how does this sound:

I am a Aussie PR planning to move from the USA to Oz.

I just took a quote from "Bingle" online for:

2009 Toyota Rav 4 (the one I currently drive)
Coverage AUD 37500
2 Drivers (non below 25)
Location Mascot 2020

They quoted me AUD 1293 /12 months

Is that expensive?
Old Apr 21st 2010, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scaria197

Coverage AUD 37500
2 Drivers (non below 25)
Location Mascot 2020

Is that expensive?

Hi

I have got to say that doesn't sound that cheap to me.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 11:05 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by spottydog
different for everyone, depends on the car & its age, the drivers sex, age & driving history and the postcode where you live and how its parked.

If you want the cheapest quote there is no option but to spend the time looking
That gets my vote as the best answer

NRMA was the cheapest for me this year, but if I had lived in Sydney, it was over double what I pay here.

We need a computer expert to write a program to calculate all Australian insurers, from one data entry input, and produce comparison results.

Anyone here up for the job ?

Old Apr 21st 2010, 11:28 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Cheapest isn't necessarily best!

Having just done what felt like 100000 quotes to renew my insurance, I settled on one company and was about to pay - but decided to see if I could find any reviews for the company first - am I glad I did! I ended up sticking with my original insurer who is only $70 a year more expensive but consistently has good reviews.

Try: http://www.productreview.com.au/cate...hp?cat_id=1311

Also, I acknowledge that every company will occasionally give bad/poor service but overall I want a company that is pretty consistent. I also realise that people only tend to write revies if something bad happens 9or maybe very good).

Just a thought!
Old Apr 21st 2010, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tking
Cheapest isn't necessarily best!

Having just done what felt like 100000 quotes to renew my insurance, I settled on one company and was about to pay - but decided to see if I could find any reviews for the company first - am I glad I did! I ended up sticking with my original insurer who is only $70 a year more expensive but consistently has good reviews.

Try: http://www.productreview.com.au/cate...hp?cat_id=1311

Also, I acknowledge that every company will occasionally give bad/poor service but overall I want a company that is pretty consistent. I also realise that people only tend to write revies if something bad happens 9or maybe very good).

Just a thought!
Most insurance companies are robbing sods anyway. They are quite happy to take your money but will find any excuse not to pay out. After all the less they pay out the more profit they make so why would they want to pay out???
The best one is holiday insurance that won't pay out if you injure yourself with under the influence of alcohol. There's probably about 1% of people who go on hols and will not have a single alcoholic drink. So if you end up at the docs in in the hospital after a night out down a packet of tic tacs before you go!!
Old Apr 21st 2010, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

Coverage AUD 37500
2 Drivers (non below 25)
Location Mascot 2020

Is that expensive?
I had 2006 Rav4 insured through Allianz (not the cheapest but very good at handling claims(I belive)) with wife as a primary driver (only 2 years since she got her licence) for 1461$ a year.

So your quote looks good.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

scaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to all

Thanks. How do you like your Rav4? I guess they all are made in Japan on the same assembly line-and roll off to different destinations I have seen that the ones down under get a lot more options in the entry model (CV)

Well I think mine will be a higher as I would have just gotten an OZ license. Not sure if Insurance companies give you any years for a US license. I have had one for 10 yrs now.

-scaria197
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 12:53 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

My Aus Insurance company gives me a discount for the years I had a UK licence - so now I save money as I've had a licence for >15years (9 in Aus, 6 in UK).
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 12:58 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Well I think mine will be a higher as I would have just gotten an OZ license. Not sure if Insurance companies give you any years for a US license. I have had one for 10 yrs now.
With my previous insurer (Comminsure ) the excess was higher if you hadn't held an Aus license for 2 years...didn't affect the premium though as this information wasn't asked for - it wasn't until after I had the policy I noticed the condition.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

Thanks. How do you like your Rav4? I guess they all are made in Japan on the same assembly line-and roll off to different destinations I have seen that the ones down under get a lot more options in the entry model (CV)

-scaria197

Methinks we had that discussion once already.
Very good car, much more capable off the bitumen than most people would think.

I had one on Novated Lease for three years and at the end I bought it and now wife is very happy driving it.

But as I needed/wanted a larger car which can be really taken off road without second thoughts I got a new Pajero now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.