Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheapest Air Freight for very heavy box

Cheapest Air Freight for very heavy box

Old May 19th 2010, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Cheapest Air Freight for very heavy box

I have a large heavy flight case that I need to move from the UK (Sheffield) to Sydney.

It weights 40 kilos (maybe a couple more) and dimensions are 90cm * 40cm * 55cm. This comes outside the realms of online calculators.

Any recommendations on a good place to ask for quotes, I'd prefer for it to come via air freight than wait for a shipment?
Old May 19th 2010, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest Air Freight for very heavy box

Originally Posted by spottydog
I have a large heavy flight case that I need to move from the UK (Sheffield) to Sydney.

It weights 40 kilos (maybe a couple more) and dimensions are 90cm * 40cm * 55cm. This comes outside the realms of online calculators.

Any recommendations on a good place to ask for quotes, I'd prefer for it to come via air freight than wait for a shipment?
Check this thread- importing oven ,UPS AIR quote vs Allied Pickfords sea freight
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=663448
Old May 19th 2010, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

You'll probably find the freight element is cheap. It will be the $400+ that will be charged for clearance through the airport, paperwork fees, AQIS, etc.
Old May 20th 2010, 2:52 am
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Try www.collectmyparcel.com

Sent a few things with them and have been the cheapest and great service

Old May 20th 2010, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by louise
Try www.collectmyparcel.com

Sent a few things with them and have been the cheapest and great service
THanks price was definitely competitive, parcel being picked up soon so hopefully we'll have it in a couple of weeks
Old May 21st 2010, 6:47 am
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

THanks price was definitely competitive, parcel being picked up soon so hopefully we'll have it in a couple of weeks
The great thing I found was that you can track it all the way, amazing how quick it gets where it does.

Good luck