British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Cheap Temp Accommodation in Adelaide (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/cheap-temp-accommodation-adelaide-356639/)

The_Stockwells Feb 21st 2006 5:17 pm

Cheap Temp Accommodation in Adelaide

Hi Guys

Can anyone make any recommendations for cheap temporary (2 weeks) accommodation?

We were supposed to be arriving on the 12th April after taking a 10 day holiday driving from Sydney to Adelaide but our house sale has fallen through at the last minute (absolutely gutted and can't believe it) but we have already booked our flights and can't get our money back.

So, we are still going to Sydney and are taking the cheap Virgin Blue flights to Adelaide but arrive 2 weeks before our on arrival accommodation.

We really don't have ANY money now that our house sale has hit the fan so we need it to be cheap as chips!

Many thanks

A Very Sad Martine!!!

p.s. Still looking forward to Peterborough Meet at the Weekend

Wendy Feb 21st 2006 5:30 pm

Re: Cheap Temp Accommodation in Adelaide

Originally Posted by The_Stockwells
Hi Guys

Can anyone make any recommendations for cheap temporary (2 weeks) accommodation?

We were supposed to be arriving on the 12th April after taking a 10 day holiday driving from Sydney to Adelaide but our house sale has fallen through at the last minute (absolutely gutted and can't believe it) but we have already booked our flights and can't get our money back.

So, we are still going to Sydney and are taking the cheap Virgin Blue flights to Adelaide but arrive 2 weeks before our on arrival accommodation.

We really don't have ANY money now that our house sale has hit the fan so we need it to be cheap as chips!

Many thanks

A Very Sad Martine!!!

What a bummer. We had the same thing happen to us, but luckily we hadn't booked the flights.

I'll dig around after tea and see if I can find anything for you :)

The_Stockwells Feb 21st 2006 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by WendyC
What a bummer. We had the same thing happen to us, but luckily we hadn't booked the flights.

I'll dig around after tea and see if I can find anything for you :)

Thanks Wendy!

herrchook Feb 21st 2006 5:44 pm

Hi Guys

Many thanks

A Very Sad Martine!!!

That's crap. so sorry this has happened. Have you looked at any caravan parks?

The_Stockwells Feb 21st 2006 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by herrchook
That's crap. so sorry this has happened. Have you looked at any caravan parks?

Just having a look now. If it was just me and my Husband I would happily stay in a hostel in a shared dorm but with a baby it's not possible!

herrchook Feb 21st 2006 5:49 pm

Just having a look now. If it was just me and my Husband I would happily stay in a hostel in a shared dorm but with a baby it's not possible!

I know what you mean :o Don't know about Adelaide, but some hostels have private rooms - might be worth checking some of them out. Also, good old B&B's are usually pretty good prices.

I really hope it all works out for you. If it's going to be such a difficult move with no cash, would it be possible to let hubby go alone and then you and the little one could maybe stay here until either the house sells or your hubby gets a job. At least that way, you know you and the baby won't starve - good old Mum and Dad ;)

Seriously though, I really hope you get something sorted soon.

Gill

The_Stockwells Feb 21st 2006 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by herrchook
I know what you mean :o Don't know about Adelaide, but some hostels have private rooms - might be worth checking some of them out. Also, good old B&B's are usually pretty good prices.

I really hope it all works out for you. If it's going to be such a difficult move with no cash, would it be possible to let hubby go alone and then you and the little one could maybe stay here until either the house sells or your hubby gets a job. At least that way, you know you and the baby won't starve - good old Mum and Dad ;)

Seriously though, I really hope you get something sorted soon.

Gill

Hi Gill - we've already booked the flights for all of us and can't get the money back so we're all going regardless! I'll check out the B&B's just checking out the caravan parks at the mo.

Wendy Feb 21st 2006 7:16 pm

Hi Gill - we've already booked the flights for all of us and can't get the money back so we're all going regardless! I'll check out the B&B's just checking out the caravan parks at the mo.

I've just found this if it's any use :)

http://www.adelaide.southaustralia.c...on_results.asp

or try www.sacentral.com.au there is some more on there. I didn't know where abouts you wanted to be.

I like the look of adelaide caravan park cabins. :) Cheap and cheerful

nurseali Feb 21st 2006 8:06 pm

Hi Guys

Try www.caprilodge.com.au
Many thanks

A Very Sad Martine!!!

I'm staying there for 2 weeks when I first arrive next month. I'm paying about £30 a night, its got a fully equipped kitchen lounge with tv etc.They provide bed linen & towels & a cleaner.Its like an apartment rather than a room.Look at their site.Very friendly people own it so will help you all they can.
Alison

nurseali Feb 21st 2006 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by nurseali
I'm staying there for 2 weeks when I first arrive next month. I'm paying about £30 a night, its got a fully equipped kitchen lounge with tv etc.They provide bed linen & towels & a cleaner.Its like an apartment rather than a room.Look at their site.Very friendly people own it so will help you all they can.
Alison

Sorry didnt come out right! It should of said try capriloge, www.caprilodge.com.au
Alison

The_Stockwells Feb 21st 2006 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by nurseali
Sorry didnt come out right! It should of said try capriloge, www.caprilodge.com.au
Alison

Thanks Alison - having a look now