Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheap Telephone Calling Cards

Cheap Telephone Calling Cards

Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cheap Telephone Calling Cards

Has anyone had any problems with the following cards: Australia Me
card, Tell Me Too and Peach phone card. Well if you have, the reason is the company that produces them, Zoo Telecom, went into administration.

I purchased my card from Phone Card Selector Pty. Ltd. and they have refused me a refund even though the number stopped working a few days after I bought it.

Make up your own mind if you buy cards from this company in future. I have filled a complaint with the Fair Trading office. You can do it online and it's free!
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:25 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default Re: Cheap Telephone Calling Cards

http://www.smh.com.au/news/money/tal...123830716.html
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting article considering Phone Card Selector are mentioned and plugging the very card that stopped working. The question I have is whether the supplier, i.e. Phone Card Selector should be liable for the loss as they originally supplied the card to me. If they supply a duff card surely it is up to them to sort it.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:48 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NedKelly
card, Tell Me Too and Peach phone card. Well if you have, the reason is the company that produces them, Zoo Telecom, went into administration.

I purchased my card from Phone Card Selector Pty. Ltd. and they have refused me a refund even though the number stopped working a few days after I bought it.

Make up your own mind if you buy cards from this company in future. I have filled a complaint with the Fair Trading office. You can do it online and it's free!
Thank you so much for this. I posted last week about our Tell Me Too card that had suddenly stopped working with no apparent reason. While it's a pain to be out of pocket, it's nice to know why.

Sue
Old Oct 10th 2005, 5:44 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

The best calling cards I have found so far have been from www.talkcards.com.au
Excellent selection!

W.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

VanTheMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I'm not sure of any other cards but I've been using GoTalk calling cards. No problem with it and the rates are reasonable.

Van

Old Oct 10th 2005, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

we use supersaver and have done for 5 years- they have been great.
You can buy vouchers at Coles, petrol stations etc

We now have the service set up on our home phone and so don't have to key in the long voucher number each time- it recognises our home phone. When we are away, the automated service asks which phone you are linked to, so can access the same account.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

marX is an unknown quantity at this point

See this cheap calling card. And I hope you don't have problem
Old Jan 28th 2006, 12:51 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marX
Work for them do you ?
Old Jan 28th 2006, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by marX

They are not that cheap, there are much better ones around.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

They are not that cheap, there are much better ones around.
I used Talking Cow very cheap to call the UK, However using in it Oz was not too good

John