Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheap Shipping Insurance

Cheap Shipping Insurance

Old Sep 22nd 2005, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Robmichellef is on a distinguished road
Default Cheap Shipping Insurance

I have just had a quote thru for Marine Shipping Insurance via Letton Percival (John Masons use them). Going direct will cost the following:-

Professional Pack 1.53%
Self Pack (excludes breakages) 1.28%

email:- [email protected]
Phone:- 0151 236 4568

Hope this is useful!
Old Oct 10th 2005, 9:03 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap Shipping Insurance

Originally Posted by Robmichellef
I have just had a quote thru for Marine Shipping Insurance via Letton Percival (John Masons use them). Going direct will cost the following:-

Professional Pack 1.53%
Self Pack (excludes breakages) 1.28%

email:- [email protected]
Phone:- 0151 236 4568

Hope this is useful!
Hi, just starting to think about shippers. How is the insurance worked out? Is it a % of value of contents? Sorry to sound dim!
Old Oct 10th 2005, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Hi, just starting to think about shippers. How is the insurance worked out? Is it a % of value of contents? Sorry to sound dim!
Hi

I have been phoning around shippers today. All the ones I phoned said that that we should decide how much our goods are worth!! and then they can work out the insurance, most came up with 3% of the goods worth. So the above quote is the cheapest, I think I will look into using them for our insurance. Bit worried about personal stuff, cant put a price on things like photos and sentimental gear can you????

B
Old Oct 11th 2005, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Robmichellef is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
I rang them and they were happy to answer any of my questions, we chatted for about 20 mins and they were in no hurry to get me off the phone which was nice. We worked out how much it would be to replace the goods in OZ and gave that figure. Most of the keep sake stuff we didn't put a price on it as it is impossible to replace. Hope this helps. Michelle.