Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheap Phone Calls

Cheap Phone Calls

Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:10 am
Just Joined

aet1964 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheap Phone Calls

I came across a UK based phone / telecom company recently that offers the best rates to all worldwide countries I've ever come across. I've used many other services in the past but this is by far the cheapest and easier to use.

Ex-pats in NZ or OZ don't benefit but your're family and friends in the UK do, which may help some of your nearest and dearest overcome the concept of cost in relation to keeping in regular contact. Unfortunately it only works from UK landlines.

Calls 6pm-8am Monday-Friday, all day Saturday/Sundays.

Cost to NZ landlines is 1p/min - Cost to Oz is 1p/min.
Cost to NZ mobiles is 15p/min - Cost to Oz is 10p/min.

Cost to USA landlines or mobiles is 1p/min.

Just about every country in the world can be dialed.

Their is also a seperate company offering calls from mobiles to any landlines and mobiles at the same landline rate. For example you can call the USA from NZ for 5 cents/ 30 seconds for the first one minute, then billing is every 6 seconds unlike other providers who bill per minute. You can dial practically every country and saves load of money.

Anyone interested let me know and I'll let you have each company's web site details.

Regards

Andy T.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

saga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheap Phone Calls

Can’t understand why to make it such a secret? I wouldn’t keep from you the cheapest mobile phone calls from UK. It is www.topup2call.co.uk! International calls from just 1p per min. It works not only from landlines – you can call from your mobile as well. What I can say about the prices? The prices, for example, are:
Calls from UK land line
to NZ landlines is 1p/min
to NZ mobiles is 8p/min
Calls from UK mobile
to NZ mobiles is 29p/min
This offer is much better in my view :-)

Or you can dial from your landline using access numbers 0870 794 4520 (wkdays, national rate) and 0844 570 4520 (wkend 5p).

Had been using these services for about a year now and prices actually went down since… BTW connects all the time, never had to redial.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 6:29 pm
WBB

another good one which we use regularly and have no probs with is

http://www.telediscount.co.uk/

1p min to australia.

Old Mar 4th 2004, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

aet1964 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheap Phone Calls

Hi Saga,

I didn't intend it to be secretive, the calls you list are worthy of attention, I'll check it out. The service I use from 1cellnet sounds very similar to yours, costs are identical. The firm my family use for cheap phone calls from the UK to Aus/NZ can be found at www.telediscount.co.uk the cheap cheap calls from mobile to landline can be found at www.1cellnet.com/aet1964.

Cheers, and thanks for your input.

Andy.

Originally posted by saga
Can’t understand why to make it such a secret? I wouldn’t keep from you the cheapest mobile phone calls from UK. It is www.topup2call.co.uk! International calls from just 1p per min. It works not only from landlines – you can call from your mobile as well. What I can say about the prices? The prices, for example, are:
Calls from UK land line
to NZ mobiles is 8p/min
Calls from UK mobile
to NZ mobiles is 29p/min
This offer is much better in my view :-)

Or you can dial from your landline using access numbers 0870 794 4520 (wkdays, national rate) and 0844 570 4520 (wkend 5p).

Had been using these services for about a year now and prices actually went down since… BTW connects all the time, never had to redial.