Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheap Life Cover

Cheap Life Cover

Old Nov 26th 2004, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future
Default Cheap Life Cover

Can anyone in Aus recommend an Insurer offering cheap life cover? I have recently cashed in an endowment policy and have little cover left here in the UK - so i'll be looking to not tempt fate and get it sorted out quickly in Aus.

Thanks Jim
Old Nov 27th 2004, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

the bettsys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheap Life Cover

Originally Posted by Jimbo9
Can anyone in Aus recommend an Insurer offering cheap life cover? I have recently cashed in an endowment policy and have little cover left here in the UK - so i'll be looking to not tempt fate and get it sorted out quickly in Aus.

Thanks Jim
Hi Jim

We are just on a temp visa (457) at the moment but have just built a house. I don't think life insurance for the mortgage payments is compulsory here. We have got ours through Comm Insure which covers our mortgage and also if we have a terminal illness pays out a reasonable amount before we pop our clogs. We have the mortgage with the Commonwealth Bank and this is one of their companys. Their phone no is 13 10 56. I don't know how competitive they are but because of our visa situation they helped us because we had a mortgage with them. Hope this will give you a starting point.

The Bettsys
Old Nov 27th 2004, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Also worth trying Suncorp - we seem to have all our insurance with them, and have found them a bit cheaper than Comm insure (we also have mortgage with CBA).

Muzzman
Old Nov 27th 2004, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

karlyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Any one kept there uk insurance on after emigrating ,would it still be valid.We have had life insurance for a number of years and therefore it would be more expensive to take on another policy due to age etc.So tempted not to cancel when that yellow envelope arrives
karlyb