Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheap Furniture -sydney

Cheap Furniture -sydney

Old Oct 6th 2007, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice
Default Cheap Furniture -sydney

As its says on the tin-does anyone know any places around sydney (Apart from Ikea) where you can get decent reasonably priced furntiture? Cheers
Old Oct 6th 2007, 9:03 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap Furniture -sydney

Originally Posted by gelectrox
As its says on the tin-does anyone know any places around sydney (Apart from Ikea) where you can get decent reasonably priced furntiture? Cheers
dont know if Sydney is the same as Melbourne, but the Salvation army here has some real big stores, with some very good quality stuff for peanuts. Might be worth looking into.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Fantastic Furniture. We went to their Wawrick Farm store to have a look on our reccie. They do good packages.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

popeye will become famous soon enoughpopeye will become famous soon enough

i agree with the above about going fantastic
dont get me wrong, its not the best stuff in the world,but hey you cant go wrong for 3 grand aussie for the soho package. we bought it as a stop gap as such as we moved over with just our suitcases as we said we will just start again and to be honest we have been here for 18 months now and have no intension of buying anything else at the moment.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

We were car hunting on the Paramatta Road and came across a few discount furniture places. Not only decent prices, but friendly and helpful and they delivered within 24 hours.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 11:47 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

where abouts in Sydney are you?
perhaps someone can suggest a smaller, more local place to go
such as on the northern beaches you could try the Pine Shop on the main road near Balgowlah
we've bought plenty from there, the unfinished stuff and then done our own varnishing to get the look we wanted
worked out not much more expensive than ikea etc and certainly looks and feels like better stuff and also doesn't look like Ikea stuff to boot
Old Oct 12th 2007, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice

hey guys thanks for all of that-I like the idea of the last one.

On another note a lot of you replied - it would be good to see uyou at the Sydney ex pats meeting on Thurs-see the thread for details. Good bunch of people and I promise it isn't us all sitting around going 'I miss marmite' etc
Old Oct 12th 2007, 4:18 am

gedge has disabled reputation

hey guys thanks for all of that-I like the idea of the last one.

On another note a lot of you replied - it would be good to see uyou at the Sydney ex pats meeting on Thurs-see the thread for details. Good bunch of people and I promise it isn't us all sitting around going 'I miss marmite' etc
oh i could do with a good marmite convo
Old Oct 12th 2007, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

There's a pine shop on Victoria Road (gladesville way)

We also like Timberland in the Home Mega Mall paramatta road, where we bought our kitchen table and chairs for £199 and a nest of 3 coffee tables for $99....

I know lots rave about fantastic furniture but I didnt really like their styles -- but they do some good value packages if you need to furnish the whole house. There's a fantastic furniture in the same Home Mega Mall as well as a very strange but cheapy place right upstairs in the mega mall with some OK stuff surrounded by some very bizarre furniture.....

That particular mall also has a "freedom" and number of other furniture shops so we found most of what we needed there.....
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it's not too late for you, but if you are looking for good cheap electrical appliances 2nds World was fantastic when we arrived. They sell manufacturers seconds, but lot of them are only seconds becuase the box is damaged or the product has a small scratch or it's an end of line model etc. We got a lot of products from good manufacturers at the prices that other stores were advertising for the cheaper brands, plus money off becuase we were buying a load of stuff.

www.2ndsworld.com.au